Welcome, Guest

Forming a Group in Blackburn
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Forming a Group in Blackburn

Forming a Group in Blackburn 14 years, 8 months ago #846

• Ginnie
  • Fresh Boarder

Hi Ginnie here,I was wondering if anyone in the Blackburn (lancs)area would be interested in helping me form a group!It would maybe meet once a month for a chat and hopefully a laugh or two.I've had AA since 86,but,as we all know this Illness can take years untill it seriously affects everything in your lfe and I'm sure you'll agree it's a very lonely thing to have too!!If you or anyone you know might be interested,please contact me.I'm going through a particularly difficult time with this hateful disease and think a group meeting like this could share suggestions etc and just support one another.Many thanks,Ginnie

Re:Forming a Group in Blackburn 14 years, 8 months ago #850

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster

Hi Ginnie
I think it is a great idea. It is what Ann,Vera and I decided to do in 2002. We were members of a national charity but we wanted, needed something local. We checked out what was available locally but of course no one had even heard of Arachnoiditis.(It took Ann about three years to be able to say it without spraying everywhere and Vera just gave up. That's why Ann came up with 'theAword')
Check out if there are any groups dealing with Chronic Pain.
When you have 5 members. you can get 'constituted' as a group (they don't all have to have a diagnosis). I can help with all that. Sorry all non UK residents. I don't know enough about your countries.
You can then tap into funding for activities on account of Long Term Medical Conditions from various pots.
Our local support group has just got funding approval for hydrotherapy swimming for the next three years. Small but so important to those members who can benefit.
Good Luck, if I can help I will.

BTW, my grandson goes back to Blackburn Royal Infirmary tomorrow and hoping for some good news. Excellant hospital, which is why we didn't transfer him to Liverpool following his accident. (Pays to google a consultant involved!!)
Good Luck
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
Last Edit: 14 years, 8 months ago by Kim. Reason: repeated text
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds