Welcome, Guest

blurred vision?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: blurred vision?

blurred vision? 12 years, 9 months ago #1058

• ginnie48
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,l wondered if my blurred vision could ne caused by my AA !l asked our Practice Nurse if it was my type 2 Diabetes and she said that was my petitions l needed to see.I've got new glasses AND readings glasses but l feel like my eyes are getting worse by the week.l can only.read for about ,15 minutes and l have to stop because of everything going blurry also my eyes water at the same time.Watching tv is having the same effect .l,',m at a bit of a loss of what to do.last week l had to make the decision to give up driving after 46 years,because of the leg and foot spasms and cramps,now l find my reading and sewing is becoming hard,l really would be grateful for any suggestions,thanks,x
I'm 62 years young,have been married to Richard for 37 years.We have a son and daughter a king charles cavalier called Georgie and a neurotic cat Tigger I was diagnosed with AA in 91.had a stroke in 2000.I also have Fibromyalgia and told I have diabetes type 2 in January.

Re: blurred vision? 12 years, 9 months ago #1059

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster

Hi Ginnie
I am truly sorry to hear about your sight problems. This must be very difficult to cope with on top of every thing else.
I think it would be more likely to be associated with Type 2 Diabetes. I assume that your optician had checked for cataracts? (You are a bit too young really ).
I ended up needing three sets of glasses (and then varifocals) One for reading one for TV/Computer and one for long distance. That was until I had acute angle glaucoma and had to have emergency eye laser treatment and then I didn't need any glasses for anything! I was told at follow up that I had early cataracts but at my age (then 60) it would be slow growing. Now unfortunately, although I still don't use glasses, it is like looking through a net curtain. Although Jamie has al kinds of magnifying over the computer screeens, I still have difficulty reading text and usually have to print things out and enlarge them.
The only people I have heard from with eye problems were from those people who had had Myodil myleograms Droplets of Myodil had affected the optic nerves.
Remember with any any type of diabetes you must have an eye test every year to check for ordinary glaucoma.
I hope, if no aswers then you can find a way round this as your eye sight is such precious sense, please let me know how you get on.
With sincere best wishes
Kim
Just had a thought, will ask DocSarah because there is a condition called bletheritis (another auto immune side effect) can certainly explain the watery eyes but is usually accompanied by itchy eyes as well.
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re: blurred vision? 12 years, 8 months ago #1060

Hi Kim

I am not diabetic and I was just exposed to epidural injections but this is one thing i am experiencing now. My eyes are drying, itchy and blurring. I don't use eye glasses yet i started using non prescription reading glasses which hasn't help to make me see clear so as i am writing this i have to keep on typing and erasing all the time yet still get red lines. I have a lot of different symptoms which are due to my autonomic nervous system so this will help me as well if you can post anything about it. I still have to learn a lot about me and the a word but its better if i have clear eyes to see with. By the way The only medications i take are paracetamol and Nsaids coz until now no one has prescribed more than those to me and i am undergoing non medicinal therapies which as far as now hasn't done much but reduce muscle pain.

Thanks for the post Ginnie its easier for me to ask when someone has written about something already coz i feel like i am imaging everything or everything is just because of aging process, although everything just came all together just about the past 7 months.

Again thanks to the two of you.

Maria
Last Edit: 12 years, 8 months ago by magenta1011.

Re: blurred vision? 12 years, 8 months ago #1061

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Maria
JUST epidurals? Is this a competition? Something like I've got A or well I've got AA and poor you with just epidural steroid injections! Your whole body, organs and skeletal framework was designed to protect your Central Nervous System (CNS). How anyone could imagine breaching that space with impunity, is beyond belief to me. Sorry bad day!
Try looking at bletharitis. An auto immune condition affecting the eyes. It started with me a couple of years ago. No reason, no explanation, just get on with it.
Try an Optician, instead of a doctor for advice. You maybe just going through a flare up at the moment. They can last hours, days or weeks:(
Please take care of your eyes, this is not just about Myodil! It is about invasive procedures.
Take care
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re: blurred vision? 12 years, 8 months ago #1063

• ginnie48
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Kim,I know what you mean about the Glasses I've had 3 pairs within a year now:unsure: I do apparently have the beginning of Cataracts in both eyes but Quite honestly I'm putting that to the back of my mind,enough to cope with at the moment.I have the Retina eye check annually.You mentioned the Myodil Mylograms,which is what I had in 70 and they told me,only 2 weeks ago,that because I have it stuck in my Lumbar region and also a clump! at the base of my skull,that most of my Headaches,Problems with eyes and Neuropathy Pain was Thorasic:S so now I'm totally confused,but hey Whats new:lol:I saw the Physiotherapist and she want's to try some Accupuncture on my lower arms(she said she didn't want to touch around my neck!) She also wants to try and "loosen"across my shoulders which are just solid.I'm trying to be possitive and have agreed to give it a go although I ended up with a blinding headache just after her examination and the stress of getting there,it's a huge Hospital and takes me 10 minutes just to walk the corridor to the Department!my exercise for the day
Thanks again Kim,take care.x
I'm 62 years young,have been married to Richard for 37 years.We have a son and daughter a king charles cavalier called Georgie and a neurotic cat Tigger I was diagnosed with AA in 91.had a stroke in 2000.I also have Fibromyalgia and told I have diabetes type 2 in January.

Re: blurred vision? 12 years, 8 months ago #1064

• ginnie48
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Maria,sorry your have all the problems at the moment.I have Peripheral and some Autonomic Neuropathy too and even though your not Diabetic and I was told the Diabetes had "probably" caused this, I'm definately not convinced and am sure it's the Arach.There are a few Websites that I've seen about Peripheral and Autonomic Neuropathy and as you say ,when we have so many different things going on,after looking at some of these sites everything does indeed come together.I hope you find the a word as helpful as I do and that things improve for you.Take care.Ginnie x:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kim
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds