• Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Neuropathy?

Re: Neuropathy? 12 years, 8 months ago #1075

• Catlover1
  • Junior Boarder
I see that my original post was "hijacked" and that there is no response to my question?

Elizabeth

Re: Neuropathy? 12 years, 7 months ago #1076

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Elizabeth

I've been taking quite low doses of Lyrica since June and read somewhere that it's 6 times stronger than Neurontin (Gabapentin).
Hope this is helpful.

Helen
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by helen.

Re: Neuropathy? 12 years, 7 months ago #1091

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Kev
I wish I knew how this works but you did ask how I have got on with peripheral nueropathy and Emla cream and Capsaincin. Well it has been a real learning curve. Less is more, I think they say. Story so far:

Small amount of Emla cream rubbed into ball of each foot and underside of toes. Cover with cling film (plastic food wrap) for about an hour, hour and a half. Remove cling film and apply Capsaincin only on to the area covered by Emla! Leave uncovered.
If the Capsaincin goes on another area not covered it burns like mad.
Now I can get away with doing it just twice a day, anymore doesn't seem to make a difference. Also I think there is an accumulative effect going on. I stopped doing that and other meds, for a couple of days, thinking I had rebound medication but it turned out to be Uveitis in the right eye. Cataracts now fully blown and need an op. Another story but I think this combination of Emla and Capsaincin has really worked for me.
The GP did give me a prescription for Capsaincin now but still doesn't know about the routine. Don't care now I know it can work for me. Like all 'flare ups' it will calm down on it's own but could be back at anytime. At least I know something can help me. I am not recommending this for anyone else as I am not medically qualified but our Mantra (in the support group) 'if it helps just one other person...'
Best wishes
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by Kim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kev

Re: Neuropathy? 12 years, 7 months ago #1093

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Thats great that you're getting some good pain relief Kim. Long may it last.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds