• Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest

Infuse bmp-2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Infuse bmp-2

Infuse bmp-2 12 years, 7 months ago #1086

I was diagnosed with adhesive Arachnoiditis in Dec of 2009, three months after an L 3L4 fusion using rhBmp-2. Within one week after the surgery I started to experiance severe pain in both of my legs, feet and occassionly my arms and hands. It wasn't until a few months ago that sweveral articles were published in The Spine Journal regarding the dangers of rhBmp-2 and the cover up of side effects by the doctors doing the trial in 2000 for FDA approval. One article I will referance is titled "BMP-2 and spinal arthodesis: the basic science perspective on protien interaction with the nervous system" by Anton E. Dmitriev PhD and R.A Lehman M.D. There seems to be much recent research into the effects bmp-2 has on neuroinflammation and other side effects. The doctors who did the intial trial research were paid millions of dollars(US) for "consulting" and "royalties" "unrelated to the Infuse Trial". Many in the medical community have spoke out about this "pay for results" research. As we have learned that Depo-Medrol was a leading cause of Arachnoiditis I believe, and only research will tell, that rhBmp-2 also causes Arachnoiditis. I ask that anyone who has had surgery and experianced pain or was diagnosed with Arachnoiditis after their surgery to post your experiance. I want to bring this issue to the forfront of the medical and legal community.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Polly Ramos

Re: Infuse bmp-2 12 years, 7 months ago #1087

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Tommy
This is way out of my league and I have sent on to DocSarah for an answer and hope she is well at the moment.
Medtronics I know but how that is linked to a fusion I don't know. DepoMedrone, yes I know to my own cost.
We are not a social networking forum as such and we get mostly 'lurkers' but I hope some one can help you with answers.
Let us all know what you can find out
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: islandtommy

Re: Infuse bmp-2 10 years, 11 months ago #1295

Hello Tommy. I totally agree with you!! I have only found out very recently that this product was used in me without permission or knowledge !. My surgery was almost five years ago....suffering ever since. Now I have Arachnoiditis. :'(
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds