Welcome, Guest

Constipation and lack of urination/swelling
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Constipation and lack of urination/swelling

Constipation and lack of urination/swelling 11 years, 6 months ago #1165

• DonnaC40
  • Fresh Boarder
I was wondering if constipation, swelling and lack of full urination is caused by Arachnoiditis? My problems with this has progressed to the point that my meds don't work for colon and bladder isn't flushing. I see a new doctor on the 9th so I'm praying he can guck me some answers. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!! Wishing u all a low pain night!!

Re: Constipation and lack of urination/swelling 11 years, 6 months ago #1166

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Donna

My bowel: rectum, colon and whole of area inside pelvis affected by nerve damage. I was advised many years ago to go on low gluten diet and get fibre from vegetables/salads (not cereals). This has proved very helpful and I take Pregabalin (Lyrica) for the pain all over my body. When I took Amytriptaline my bladder stopped working, so check your meds with doctor.

Hope this is helpful.

Best wishes Helen
The following user(s) said Thank You: DonnaC40

Re: Constipation and lack of urination/swelling 11 years, 6 months ago #1167

• DonnaC40
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you. I have been on the strongest meds prescribed for colon and it has messed my colon up really bad. I use to just eat fruit and veggies and did ok for a while with it but I get so hungry for meat at times. so I guess it's back to fruit and veggies for me. I have a very sensitive system so I'm a hard patient because medicine doesn't react well with me. I couldn't take lyrics bc it's to strong. I've tried a lot of different meds but my body rejects it. I have a very high pain tolerance an low med tolerance. I'm now only on vicoprphin most days. I do have break thru pain meds but take them rarely when pain is to much to handle. Thank u for your reply and hope u have a low pain day!!! Gentle hugs to you!

Re: Constipation and lack of urination/swelling 11 years, 6 months ago #1176

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Donna

Been meaning to get back to you about meds. My gastroenterologist advised me to keep off meds for as long as possible. In my experience doctors are always in a rush to get you up to the highest "theraputic dose" which is the worst thing for your body. I've always been sensitive to drugs and often had bad reactions. Now when I need to try a new drug I take the lowest dose available and stick with it for as long as possible to see how I react.

Please let me know how you got on with your new doc.

Best wishes
H
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds