Welcome, Guest

Guests, we need your input!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Guests, we need your input!

Re: Guests, we need your input! 11 years, 4 months ago #1194

• di
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi gmak and old hag

It's a quick call in for me today. My pain's sitting at about 8 and sitting isn't comfortable.
I'm so looking forward to having my 5 day ketamine infusion in January.

I'm on a site in Australia where one of the members is currently in hospital having the ketamine done now. She's also a nurse and use to help to administer the procedure so it's a great read her daily posts.

I really have to go and put my knees up guys. I'm at the doctors at this time tomorrow but will call in some time after I get home.

Take it easy. xo
Di ♥

Re: Guests, we need your input! 11 years, 4 months ago #1195

• gmak
  • Expert Boarder
I hate that your hurting! I havent been able to sit @ computer for 5 years(pc). Then laptop i have to sit to type or read, too heavy to put in front of my face & 0 hands free. Then my sons gave me a mothers day gift that changed my life! A nook color. Any type 7 or 8 inch wifi computer will do, but i dont have to hold the book up to my face anymore either! Avid reader. Distraction is key. Di if we get to talk soon ask me about my distraction techniques. Its great, lay down & do boards, read, email, web,etc! But, make more typos!!! Ok, when you can i will be here. Get a low pain night! Thanks,gmak
If you look every post is edited for typos & thats after reviewing before submitting!
He sent forth His Word and healed them.
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by gmak. Reason: typos

Re: Guests, we need your input! 11 years, 4 months ago #1196

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Reports of my death (or this site) are greatly exaggerated! (with apologies to Mark Twain)
I have been off line since 30 April when I was broken into and my computer was stolen, along with a bottle of scotch! Everyhing that I had ever done, all the works for the website and a system set up so I could use it from here.
My health at the time not good hit absolutely rock bottom. I had only been to bed for one and a half hours when it happened. The only consolation being I had everything backed up on discs, pens and other hard drives, in no particular order.
I have been fortunate in my Ann has kept me in touch with everthing that goes on, here and on the net. I am on Facebook but please don't ask me how get there. I have a different computer now and it is all different and I didn't have a magnifier until last week.
I have double cateracts (docs won't anything until nexy year. Same with the metal hip replacement again next year. Lots to look forward to then!
Now about this forum. It belongs to you to use as you wish. If you just want to read posts, thats fine. With the absense of DocSarah, the best support you can get is from other people who can understand how you feel and reply to you themselves. Maybe I am wrong but until Sarah's own health can inprove we will have to rely on ourselves and the information on this site. It is not out of date, it is as relevant today as the day she wrote it. Remember everything she wrote was in reply to people who have arachnoiditis. (Diagnosed or not)
I am going to try getting on everyday but wont promise just yet.
Many thanks to those of you who have kept the forum going
Down but not out (and certaily not dead yet)
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by Kim. Reason: additionsl

Re: Guests, we need your input! 11 years, 4 months ago #1198

• gmak
  • Expert Boarder
Hi kim, Much apologies if misunderstood what I was saying. I WAS trying to say that all the HARD work, like yours & Doc Sarah's, would NOT BE IN VAIN! That We should value it & USE it! Keeping up the SUPPORT on this site! And, although still relevant, of course, that coming to a forum there would be back & forth current use. So, that the people viewing would sign up to keep the unity that so many like yourself established so we could help one another personally & as a "commmunity". So, my sincere apologies to anyone that I offended. So, most importantly to me right now is "How are you doing Kim? Im so sorry that you have to deal with this horrid condition & all the other things that have happened. I started having the weird neuropathy 2 months ago. But, last night increased to a new level. My feet had such nerve pain that i couldnt touch the mattress or a pillow to them. And, my back & bottom felt like an a/c was blowing on them with a menthol/ camphor ointment besides. Then, my heart has been beating so hard that the noise from it in my ears & the buzzing in my back are already enough to keep me awake. AS it is, without the freezing cold that " is not really there"! Temp in house 74°F, so it was neuropathy. Thank God I live in Houston, TX. The climate is very warm all year, save 3 mths with off & on cold fronts that RARELY bring below 35° temperatures.
If so, for 2-3 days max. Anyway, DI , im sorry I got so busy that i couldnt come @ 10 am. Can we start over?
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by gmak. Reason: typos

Re: Guests, we need your input! 11 years, 4 months ago #1200

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
That warm Houston weather sounds like bliss gmak. I live in NE Scotland and the cold damp weather that prevails here from October to April plays havoc with my pain levels. I feel so much better when summer arrives, though even then it often is still cool.

Re: Guests, we need your input! 11 years, 4 months ago #1201

• gmak
  • Expert Boarder
Hi kev, that sounds dreary, but very beautiful! The only incline we have is the cement slope of the driveway! And, ive had 3 white christmases! NERVE WEIRDNESS got me on Thanksgiving night! Very severe pain, made me wriggle in car all the way home then had to sit on couch with cheek on coffee table. And TENS & morphine barely works. Been having nerve pain im feet, changed to shifting vertebra in back( spondylisthesis) which is more "structutal" than nerve. Have been more knocked out! And pain more frequet & severe, later... falling asleep! gmak

!
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by gmak.
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds