The Aword

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest

doctor help please on procedure ? or anyone...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: doctor help please on procedure ? or anyone...

Re:doctor help please on procedure ? or anyone... 18 years, 8 months ago #113

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hope you can understand why I have not replied today. I lived thru' the 70's & 80's bombings of London when my mother escaped three times!!
Back tomorrow folks
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:doctor help please on procedure ? or anyone... 18 years, 8 months ago #119

• gmedic123
  • Fresh Boarder
hi marti,
sorry it took me so long to get back, but i have been researching this historect and laproscopic sx in major detail. at least til i couldn' take it anymore!

then night before last i played ping pong with my head on the two door frames in our kitchen when i fell. i went back and forth three times hitting back then head then back then head! then i blacked out- I finally called out for my husband and ended in the er later yesterday at my pain doctors request. yuck! only good thing was they gave me mephergan (demerol and phenergan together) i was shocked. the last time i had that the wall floated and all was AOKAY! yesterday- NADA! nothing. like shooting a needle full of water into my hiney so, i am in bed taking it very very easy today. the er doc didn't see anything out of place with all the insrumentation or the arachnoiditis from the x-rays. ( i had to supress a giggle...see AA on regular film enough to know it has changed when i am a first time patient?) what does scare me is just how bad my back hurts now. i am hoping i don't spike another influx of AA up. that would be bad.

ok, so on to my story. i was/am a paramedic. my partener and i were taking a 250# hospice patient home to die and were transporting her in the house the only possible way. up 27 steps that were hand hewn in the early 1700's- beautiful home! well four from the top my partner gave out. (oh did i mention i weighed 100 pounds at the time and had the foot end?)the pat and i went down the steps where my body wedged between the wheelchair and the steps.
I herniated L4-5, and ruptured L5-S1. I was 27 at the time. no one wanted to do surgery, especially since they were both central disc problems from overhead compression. that was 7-7-02 so here i am 3 years later still under w/c system. having had too numerousinjections into spaces and joints to count, over 42+ land pt sessions post surgery, another? before surgery, aquatic therapy, IDET surgery on L4-S1, TENS, massage, fusion with bone grafting adding 4 pedicle screws and two plates. at that sx i had to stay in hospital almost a whole week instead of the 2 days they said due to extreme loss of blood. i passed out each time i stood up for 3 days!

somewhere inbetwen the idet and the fusion the arachnoid started. it has just settled down. i am left with limited mobility. my right leg feels nothing but hot cold opposites and allyodonia with delayed neuropathic pain. i have no pain sensation in that leg all the way up to my right breast across my abdomin.also on the right low back screaming pain across the pelvic ridge almost like a bone pain going up into the back. On super sever days I have this sharpe shooting pain wrapping around my right side-kinda like a runners stitch but 1000x worse. left side arm is only thing with nueropathy and pain in left low back occasionally down leg too. also have swollen painful joints,neurogenic bladder etc etc etc if you look up AA all those wonderful little bits and pieces that just Make me love my day!!!!. my mri Shows the scar tissue wonderfully and i guess i am lucky for that little bit..

ok, so thats my book. if you are still awake you are doing better than me! keep in touch!~G :

Re:doctor help please on procedure ? or anyone... 18 years, 8 months ago #120

• Marti
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi G,
Just when I think I have it bad someone comes along that has it worse. Wow you are a survivor. Do you have a pain pump? Or is it not an option for you? It is good to talk with people that understand. I am going to Boston to meet with a team of Doctors tomorrow. I hope to get an idea of how bad the AA is and a treatment plan. The surgeon put me on MScontin 100mg 3 times a day and it is not working well. I called and asked to try something different, but he said no to stay on it. I hope to try the new Palladone and see if it works better. I'll let the group know what the Doc's say.
Marti

Re:doctor help please on procedure ? or anyone... 18 years, 8 months ago #121

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
WOW
Back online tomorrow to answer some of your queries. Have Brain Fade right now. MSContin needs adjuvant medication will tell you tomorrow. Will post links and get this Drugs table done soon!!
Hang in there, had to get my daughter down to London and back today so did distraction therapy filling in a Disability Form for a members' son!!
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:doctor help please on procedure ? or anyone... 18 years, 8 months ago #122

• gmedic123
  • Fresh Boarder
hi marti,
no, i am not on a pain pump as of now. it was discussed but my pain is too wide spread according to my pain management doc. i do trust his opinion, but wish there was something for pain that would work continously. i take Zonegram and cymbalta for neuropathic pain and of course the cymbalta helps with the depression too. i wear a fentanyl patch 50mcgs and 5%lidocaine patch. i also take ambien and klonapin nightly for sleep, plus zanaflex for the muscle contractures/ spasms. now is that all i take?...

at least it is all i can remember right now!!!

my docs are in Charlotte, North Carolina. it is a good hour and a half ride from our house. that's a hellaciuos ride but better than \"bubba\" doctors here in SC where i live. one of those idiots -I especially would like to slip a package of laxative in his coffee - said that all my pain is in my head and sent me home with Paxil (according to him -there was no way i could be having a \"fight\" free divorce with a child involved!It was best for All hree of us and we only had to flip a coin on one piece of furniture) best part?......this was before my surgeries!! how hard did you say you could laugh again? LOL

I would love to know about your docs in boston and how specialized they are, how you like them and if they would be worth a trip or extended stay. As my w/c case closes down and i reach max med improve. -Dern! i've been saying that for over two hard years now. maybe i should say \"when\" it finishes; i will be finding a doctor or a group of doctors who can at least classify better than Arachnoiditis. when i asked about the different levels, diffusion of pain ie; joint& arm from a lumbar injury, and all those little quirkey things that happen too. I'd also like to see if there are other issues, like cysts or fibroids that these docs do not seem to know much of anything about AA. I am sooooooo lucky dr. pfieffer WAS able to dx me. i could still be an undiagnosed orphan!

well, keep me informed and i hope to hear from you soon~ G

Re:doctor help please on procedure ? or anyone... 18 years, 8 months ago #123

• gmedic123
  • Fresh Boarder
kim
hope you are re-coupeing emotionally alright. we are here if you need us too- remember these forums CAN go both ways!

take care ~G

oh yeah, don't worry about us! we'll all be here awaiting yours and Doc Sarah's return just like Pavlo's dogs!!!
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds