• Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest

Hi all! Want your help PLEASE! first post
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Hi all! Want your help PLEASE! first post

Re: Hi all! Want your help PLEASE! first post 11 years, 1 month ago #1276

• old hag
  • Fresh Boarder
after a wait time of 18 months, my mate had his first assessment at st georges nhs hospital london, for a 3 week residential pain management course.....they acknowledge they cannot cure neuropathic pain, but in a safe environment, you can learn how to cope a bit better, 8 sufferers per session....clinical psych and pain physio run it....sounds very intense...but worth a go.....classically his gp had never knew this existed...and was somewhat bemused....

just sent off lots of paperwork to medico legal lawyer to see if they will take his case on...we shall see....

Re: Hi all! Want your help PLEASE! first post 11 years ago #1289

• gmak
  • Expert Boarder
'oh' hello, I know by now he surely is in the hospital, i pray Gods favor is with him. How are you "holding up" ?gmak
He sent forth His Word and healed them.

Re: Hi all! Want your help PLEASE! first post 11 years ago #1290

Want our stories, there nightmares! I was diagnosed in early 2011 with AA after telling doctors that after my auto accident in 2010 that pain is worsening in my back but was told its chronic pain. An MRI caught it and almost all doctors do not know the severity of this and I have been called a pill chaser. WOW!! It came from a surgery in 2007, the scar tissue has clumped my nerves together causing pain at all times ALL TIMES!! NEVER STOPS!! I have wanted to die and to be honest if I had no children I would not waste any more time here trying to live life with this. I have moved recently and now I am searching for a doctor to work with me and have been turned down everywhere I have searched, I have been in the emergency room twice this week so far due to not able to shut the pain off for the fact that I cannot find a doctor that will write any pain meds so I will be back to the ER again, only to be told we will not deal with chronic pain at the ER room. I will have to buy street pain meds to keep myself alive until I can find an educated doctor. Sorry for the rant right now I'm upset with the whole thing.

Re: Hi all! Want your help PLEASE! first post 11 years ago #1291

• gmak
  • Expert Boarder
Dear intractable, Have you tried a physical medicine & rehab dr? Their practices are isually 50% treating acute & chronic pain & 50% rehab. Their key goal is to reestablish functioning to the highest level the patient can achieve. A physiatrist is another name for them. So sorry that you are having this trouble. Yes, we want your nightmare bc we all are having nightmares! But, at least you can hear another person say i know, really know what torment that you are going through, me i know & all of us know. I had aa on my MRI's since 1988-2012 & i was told in 2012! No "what" it is just "that" i had it. Its very hard & while i have no arach dr i do see a physiatrist for pain meds. I truly hope that you find help immediately!
He sent forth His Word and healed them.
Last Edit: 11 years ago by gmak.

Emotional 11 years ago #1292

I would love to cry sometime but it hurts to bad!! Yes gmak I have been thru it all. The physical therapy that irritated it when they worked with it that I was unable to walk most of the time. The injections that inflamed it to the point of suicide. The pain doc said that its not effective on me so let's send you to a pain hospital for in treatment. I have been to a counselor and yes it helps to have someone listen. I have learned to cope with enough deficit since the accident when I was hospitalized for a month and then sent to brain rehab to deal with what has happened and put me on disability. I know I cannot function as I was brought up to do so as a person and I have succumb to that realization, that hurts in itself!! I have to stop ranting due to my muscles are going to he'll and I know I need to settle my thoughts or I'm in trouble. Thanks for listening.

Re: Emotional 10 years, 12 months ago #1293

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Dear Intractable
Yes we hurt and don't want any more pain and debilitating symptoms. I feel like a freak of nature and just hurt those around me. I'm ashamed I can't function normally - spending so much time housebound and laid up.
With regards to pain meds I find pregabalin helpful and lorazepan at night to aid sleep.
Best wishes Helen
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds