Welcome, Guest

EAR CANAL - INFLAMED AND NARROW
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: EAR CANAL - INFLAMED AND NARROW

EAR CANAL - INFLAMED AND NARROW 10 years, 11 months ago #1294

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Anyone had problems with their ears? I'm having deafness because of hardened wax in the ear canal and they're also very inflamed and have become narrow. From the outside they look as if they've closed up. Having ear drops to soften the wax to facilitate further suction treatment.

My head really aches and am still having severe muscle cramps of the facial and head muscles - feel as if I'm going mad......... Is there no end to this misery?

Helen xx

Re: EAR CANAL - INFLAMED AND NARROW 10 years, 10 months ago #1306

• gmak
  • Expert Boarder
Helen, im so sorry! I used to work in a drs office & the treatment was to have the wax softened & then the dr irrigated the ear canal with sterile water until the hard wax fell out into a basin. I read that the wax works as an antiseptic coating the canal & if disturbed by a q-tip or cotton swab then the loosened wax leaves an area of the lining unprotected & infection of the walls of the canal cause them to swell, redden, become painful & can swell shut. A wax plug is different it can be flushed out but sometimes it cant come out due to swelling & prednisone &/or antibiotics are given to help swelling, inflammation. I think that it might be helpful to go to dr. to see if you have an infection or severe swelling. Im sorry, helen you certainly have enough to deal with already! I hope it resolves quickly!
He sent forth His Word and healed them.
Last Edit: 10 years, 10 months ago by gmak. Reason: typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: helen

Re: EAR CANAL - INFLAMED AND NARROW 10 years, 10 months ago #1309

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for your reply gmak - very helpful. I was given some steroid cream to use on the outer ear, but it can only be used for 4 days, so it had little effect. The ENT consult said my ears aren't functioning normally because of the narrowing so the wax can't get out. He's assured me there's no local infection and the suction does clear my ears, so its just another problem to live with!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gmak

Re: EAR CANAL - INFLAMED AND NARROW 10 years, 10 months ago #1310

• gmak
  • Expert Boarder
Im glad that you had the dr check you, i have had to take my bff to dr because of q-tips twice! 50 years we have been friends & i cant get her to stop either! How have you been doing? The hard winter is over at last & all my areas of pain are better except arach pain but Helen i have been wanting to tell you specifically that all the "buzzing", vibrating, tingling, numbness stopped when i stopped taking baclofen &/or
zanaflex! I started both @ the same time so i dont know which one. And, i went to cardiologist & i got medicine to control the extremely hard & loud pounding of my heart & it lowered my bp back down to 90/60 & im on cholesterol medicine again thats generic. Lmk about you. Thank you helen!
The following user(s) said Thank You: helen

Re: EAR CANAL - INFLAMED AND NARROW 10 years, 10 months ago #1311

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Pleased your pain has improved. Looking forward to some warmer weather here in London, its been very changeable. Re "buzzing" etc, I had the symptoms long before I took Lyrica, so I stick with it! Just getting over another attack of severe cramps, so feeling pretty wobbly. Take care H

Re: EAR CANAL - INFLAMED AND NARROW 10 years, 10 months ago #1313

• gmak
  • Expert Boarder
Hope the warmer weather helps you! I agree about Lyrica, i have taken it over 5 years & didnt think it did a thing. Had a pure arach only flare, felt like an animal chewing on sp cord for 10 days, didny feel good enough to pick up lyrica from pharmacy but finally had to & WOW it went away in one day & i will never let myself be without it again! What a difference!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds