The Aword

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest

Please help, I want my mom back to my country.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Please help, I want my mom back to my country.

Please help, I want my mom back to my country. 10 years, 9 months ago #1318

• Erick
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all
I am Erick from Lima, Peru. My mom and dad traveled to Miami, Florida to visit my brother. Unfortunately, she got a bacterial desease, probably caught here and got worsen in Miami. She is 75 years old. She had to go to a hospital but because she is diabetic, it was hard to diagnose. After a few days, the bacteria was under control. She was released from the hospital and now she is with my dad, my brother and his family with the best attention possible. Apparently the bacteria got some damage to the arachnoid and she is now in terrible pain. My brother and his family are doing everything they can to keep her comfortable and getting all the necessary medications.
Until now, I don't know the degree of the damage of the arachnoid, all I know is that she is struggling and suffering from all the problems it causes.
My real concern now is, if she can get back to my country eventually. It is a 5 hours journey plus all the ups and downs she has to go to finally get home.

Hope somebody can give me a promising solution.
Last Edit: 10 years, 9 months ago by Erick.

Re: Please help, I want my mom back to my country. 10 years, 9 months ago #1319

• Erick
  • Fresh Boarder
Things are getting worse. Because of the terrible pain, her moral is very low. She has got anemia and needs blood transfusion.
This disease is a living hell.

Re: Please help, I want my mom back to my country. 10 years, 9 months ago #1320

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Erick
Sorry to read about your mum and subsequent arachnoiditis. As she has anemia as well its difficult to recommend a solution to her pain. I can only let you know that Pregabalin helps my pain. It is specifically for pain arising from the spinal cord/central nervous system and is fast acting - you don't have to wait weeks for it to take effect.

Hope this helps - take care Helen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erick

Re: Please help, I want my mom back to my country. 10 years, 9 months ago #1321

• Erick
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Helen for your reply.
My mom is stable again but she can barely move. She can't tolerate the pain it causes just tby leaning a little.
She is been taking Dilaudid but the pain she feels wants her to kill herself. Doctors want her to be seated at least, but so far no progress.
I don't know if doctors in Miami are aware of Pregabalin. I will talk to my brother and see if they have tried that medicine.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds