• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: a surprise!

Re: reply to Gmak 10 years, 3 months ago #1365

• gmak
  • Expert Boarder
Oh helen, I so wish i could tell you the exact answer to make it stop! I am sorry that you are suffering so! Im stressed to try to pull off Christmas & besides pain im having miserable bladder problems & standing up makes it worse. Im running out of time.
He sent forth His Word and healed them.

Re: reply to Gmak 10 years, 2 months ago #1392

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Gmak, Kev and all

5 day attack and really think I'm going to go crazy!!! I take my meds and they just make me sleepy and wobbly. My husband's at his wits end and doesn't know what to say or do.

I've received many good wishes for 2014, but all seems hopeless, no doubt you feel the same, but I sincerely wish that one (or more) of us has a breakthrough.

Thanks to you all, for your kind words of comfort and I pray for miracles...

Love Helen

Re: reply to Helen 10 years, 1 month ago #1420

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Helen, are you feeling any better? You sounded like you were in a really bad way.
Over the last few years i've put on a bit of weight and even got slight man boobs! As if that wasn't annoying enough one of them has become painful. My doc was stumped until he read about the side effects of Pregabalin (Lyrica). Breast enlargement in men and breast pain were 2 of the rarer side effects! So now i am looking for a change of med. not an easy thing to find!

Re: reply to Helen 10 years, 1 month ago #1421

• gmak
  • Expert Boarder
Hi, I take lyrica & it really helps neuropathy symptoms for me! At one time i took cymbalta & it really helped too but, it increased the pressure in my eyes however now i have glaucoma so it mightve been that i was just getting increased eye pressure anyway not necessarily from cymbalta as it turns out. I did read that lyrica was invented from neurontin & that topomax works for alot of people too as non narcotic adjunct pain therapy & to relieve nerve symptoms & helps with weight gain. Hope dr can find a replacement med that works well! Have you ever seen an endocrinologist?
He sent forth His Word and healed them.
Last Edit: 10 years, 1 month ago by gmak.

Re: reply to Gmak 9 years, 9 months ago #1555

Hi Gmak and Helen, its been some time since I last checked in, life has been so busy with my elder sons immune illness attacking his muscles so he and I live together. It was all too hard for my husband of 43 years so its just me and my son. I think our struggle surviving AA is made so much harder because those around us don't see the struggle every day all day, years. They think we should improve or we are not trying to find solutions they get tired of us not being able to go out with them for outings and so we are seen as isolating ourselves. I am 63 now and finding I am getting worse, the intensity of back and leg spasms that I have to fight to walk get so bad I battle to get to my bed to lay flat. I do my home chores and its so painful to hand our washing, I have to go lay over the bonnet of my car. To do shopping for food, I need to get a small trolley to make it in to the store and these days I can only cope with the food shop because the agony is not worth it.I am at the stage of needing a walker but our money it tight with us both on pensions. Our government did a roundtable discussion on AA they compiled a small soft cover book all about living with AA and what they are planning to do to help sufferers !! amazing !!! check it out if you can google roundtable discussion living with the pain of adhesive arachnoiditis.gov.au
I get told I should be not isolating but go to our church, which call ecclesia. After my week its not a possibility to dress up and go to our ecclesia. My faith is vital to me and helps me so much, at least I can take part and listen to everything via a phone link service and my hands free phone. honestly without faith and knowing these is so much more to life than this life....give me strength.
I am so glad your doctor finally fessed up, but I can see how he was thinking, however we need honesty. I hope Helens tennis elbow op will help, no one needs more pain or problems. I live in Australia close to Lake Macquarie. It is a perfect sunny day today... Saturday. Our weather is much warmer than it should be in our winter it is 20c it should be 16c.......climate warming I guess...I will sign off for now...sending my best thoughts to you guys..xox

New here! 9 years, 6 months ago #1586

• Nicinpain
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, everyone! I'm so glad ya'll are here. Can someone please tell me if it looks like my nerves are sticking together. It sure would explain a lot. This is from 6 months ago.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by Nicinpain.
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds