Welcome, Guest

MRI Scan Results Today
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: MRI Scan Results Today

MRI Scan Results Today 9 years, 10 months ago #1525

• Lupa
  • Fresh Boarder
Today I went for the results of my scan. I had a botched selective nerve root block injection at L4/5 in September 2013, resulting in agonising bilateral pain from spine to foot (I'd only had left side buttock pain from a slipped disc before this) followed by a multitude of neuropathic symptoms, mainly a progressive pain in my calves which is now only controllable with strong painkillers (which make it very hard to do the cerebral job I do). I also have urinary hesitancy and that awful feeling of something under the skin which itching won't relieve. Anyway, my neurologist has lied through her teeth on my notes refusing to record any of my symptoms or an account of the injection itself which was so painful I screamed for it to stop. I had an MRI and she wrote to me to tell me it was unchanged from a previous, pre-injection MRI. I was overjoyed. But in the consultation today I asked to look at the images myself. They showed me the most recent one and it showed a sizeable clump on the left hand side and a gap above it. I said that I thought the nerves were supposed to form a horseshoe shape. He said, they were all weighed down at the bottom of the semi-circle because of "gravity". I believed him. Then, it occured to me that what we should do is examine the same section of the MRI from a year ago with this new one. All of the doctors (three of them) immediately started shouting and making a fuss and telling me they didn't want to do that and that I should now just concentrate on treatment. They told me I was "rude" for insisting on seeing it. I stood my ground for a full ten minutes. When they realised I wasn't going to drop it they put up the exact same section of the MRI from a year ago. It showed the cauda equina in a very neat horseshoe shape. No "gravity" pulling them downwards and no gaps or clumps. I told them it was dishonest of them to write to me telling me the scan was "unchanged" when there was a clear difference. They began shouting and harrassing me again, saying that they would put "the lawyers" on me if I said that again. So I left, without even talking about my symptoms, just heartbroken and dismayed that the three days of jubiliation I had felt had turned out to be built on a complete lie. I see a lawyer next week. I'd rather not have the clumping though. Dealing with these very posh, very rude doctors was more like dealing with organised crime than a professional healthcare organisation. The UK's dismal ability to hold its doctors to account encourages this kind of blatant bullying. All in all, quite a grim day.

Re: MRI Scan Results Today 9 years, 9 months ago #1532

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Lupa - sorry to read about your MRI results and the arrogant responses from your Doctors. I wish you all the best if your're persuing the legal route, but be wary of solicitors happy to take your money with little positive action. I tried to sue because my household insurance included a policy for just such an event. However my solicitors spent £12,000 - I got nowhere and found myself just outside the legal limitations with my funding cut off.

Best wishes and take care Helen

Re: MRI Scan Results Today 9 years, 9 months ago #1539

• Lupa
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Helen
I'm so sorry you had a terrible time with your solicitors claim. I am looking for a conditional fee and I hope it won't cost me anything. My consent form didn't even mention 'nerve damage' so I really think it will be an open and shut case. My consent form simply said, headache, increased pain and bleeding as the possible complications. I would never have had the injection if I'd been warned it could cause permanent nerve damage. Maybe your consent form said something different? I am not going to give any solicitor a penny. It will be an open and shut case with the MRI results and the consent form. I think this is why the doctors are being so aggressive and trying to frighten me off. One of them had a real tremor in her voice when I asked to see the scans side by side. Thanks for replying and best wishes to you Helen.

Re: MRI Scan Results Today 9 years, 9 months ago #1540

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Hope everything goes well for you. Keep in touch and ask if you have any queries, hindsight is very valuable - its amazing what I've learnt having been through the pitfalls.

PS I never had a consent form - was told it was a painkilling injection!
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by helen.

Re: MRI Scan Results Today 9 years, 9 months ago #1541

hi new here
Since a few months my situation is downgraded. I have more and more difficulties to walk and it came suddendly.
I felt a pain in my back and when i will stand up my walk was very difficult and it so since that. I have pain but with my treatment it's acceptable :

Have you alos so suddend aggravation of the situation ?
Have you other medication or methods to retrieve more walk activity ?

Re: MRI Scan Results Today 9 years, 9 months ago #1543

• Lupa
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Helen - I have found your posts very helpful indeed. I don't really have any doubts at all that I'll get compensation because they have no defence. I just wish they hadn't done it in the first place. I'm still struggling to come to terms with it having happened at all. I'll get there. Thanks for your advice.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds