• Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: CYMBALTA

CYMBALTA 9 years, 8 months ago #1573

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Cutting down Lyrica (Pregabalin) didn't stop my cramps and the pain got much worse!

Managed to get to a Pain Doc who has advised me to combine Cymbalta with Lyrica - remove pain patch after a week and try to wean myself off of Lorazepam. That's gonna be hard as its my only muscle relaxant and sedative

Anyone on this combination - welcome your thoughts.....

Best wishes to everyone, Helen x

Re: CYMBALTA 9 years, 8 months ago #1574

I have been with this medicine combination for 3 years now, Lyrica at 150mg day and night and Cymbalta 30mg although it helps with my twitching and chramps I dont get to sleep more than 3 hours at night and have constant ringing in my ears. I tried putting Cymbalta at day time trying maybe it will make me sleep more if i use it in day time but I end up more unbalance, falling more often, feeling floating when waking and get more bruses walking up and down on stairs. This is the lowest and highest dose I can take after trial en error without suffering from to much untolerable pain and unmanagable side effects. Life is not easy specially when no one takes you seriously and when the government who implicted it to you give you no help at all with all our needs it breaks to the families economy. If you need a friend I am here someone who can understand how about our day becomes too long and life being like a prison.

Re: CYMBALTA 9 years, 8 months ago #1578

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Dear magenta 1011

Many thanks for your response. I am sorry to hear that you have so much pain and are having difficult side effects. I often feel dizzy just moving around the house on a "good" day. It's early days for me on the combination and was advised it will take 4 weeks minimum to gain any benefit. I agree with you that few doctors can believe the extensive symptoms that plague our bodies day and night, or the knock-on effect it has on our loved ones.

Beautiful photo of your family!

I will let you know how things progress.

PS just checked back and can't believe we were discussing facial cramps 2 years and 7 months ago!
Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by helen.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds