>feeling on your scalp. This comes and goes for me in waves, but it is
>an uncomfortable feeling. It's mostly at the top of my head, but can
>spread to the sides. Any imput? Thanks everyone Dana
hi doc said i would put on forum ann

Re:burning 18 years, 5 months ago #177

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
Hi,

Coccydynia (tailbone pain) tends to arise from trauma to that area, but could conceivably come from pelvic tissue or indeed after caudal epidural injections. It is most likely if none of these is relevant, that it is a side-effect of arachnoiditis.The burning sounds neuropathic (nerve-related) and it might respond well to anticonvulsants such as gabapentin or pregabalin.

Hope this helps,

DocSarah
[b]DocSarah

Re:burning 18 years, 5 months ago #178

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
Oops!! sorry I mixed up answers to 2 different questions there! The first part relates to a different question on tailbone pain!
The scalp burning could be related to arach. although the exact mechanism is unclear. I myself have a patch of tingling on my scalp, always the same place, that comes and goes in severity for no particular reason. Never had a satisfactory explanation from my fellow docs!

Regards,

DocSarah
[b]DocSarah

Re:burning 18 years, 5 months ago #184

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Doc
Is that another thing? I just thought it was me! I never mentioned it before because it isn't life threatening! I just thought I was getting old!!
Interesting stuff Doc
L&L
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:burning 18 years, 5 months ago #203

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
Not sure if it's AA related or not. As you know Kim I have been investigated for MS so it is possibly something to do with that. Not having any more tests though after the disastrous lumbar puncture in 2000!!!!

Luv n' stuff

GD
[b]DocSarah
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds