one this coming Monday. This is called lumbar sacet and is bupivcaine
and depo medrol. I am HORRIFIED to read here in your information that
depo medrol is a contributor to my Arachnoiditis to begin with. WHAT
SHOULD I DO AT THIS POINT? Abandon the series of shots? Please find
someone who can advise me,

Re:need advice urgenlty 18 years, 3 months ago #286

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
My arachnoiditis was caused by epidural steroid injections. I wouldn't have any more if I were you. I can't comment on the procedure as I'm not medically qualified, but if you go back to the doctor, perhaps you could ask him some specific questions regarding the use of the drugs. For instance are the injections epidural ? If yes, the drugs are not licensed for such administration. Have you been warned of the risks of infection? Have you been warned about the risks of hitting a nerve? - Are they using MRI control to ensure they don't hit a nerve or Arachnoid cysts which some people have (like me)?

Unfortunately, unless you know what to ask in the first place you run the risk of exacerbating an existing condition and/or causing further trauma!

Don't be bullied into having something you don't fully understand.

Take care. <br><br>Post edited by: helen, at: 2006/01/14 13:45

Re:need advice urgenlty 18 years, 3 months ago #287

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Forgot to mention that my rectum was damaged by a misplaced needle during my first so-called epidural - that resulted in nerve damage from the preservative benzyl alcohol in the steroid (which is a known toxin to nerves) and caused degeneration of my internal + external sphincter muscles. Sorry to be so graphic but unless people share their bad experiences of negligent doctors we can't prevent further mishaps!

Re:need advice urgenlty 18 years, 3 months ago #293

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
sorry not to reply sooner. I can't give specific advice to individuals online I'm afraid.
It depends on what injections you are having. generally speaking, it is the epidurals that carry the greatest potential risk, with other injections such as facet joints, sacro-iliac, trigger points etc. much less likely to cause a problem with regard to arachnoiditis.

Hope this helps,

DocSarah
[b]DocSarah

Re:need advice urgenlty 18 years, 3 months ago #299

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
DocSarah, sorry to cut in on this thread but as regards facet joint injections, i was offered them 6 months ago but turned them down as i believed they made arach worse. Would you say the risk is very low?
I have had around 7 sets of facet joint injections over the years previously but on one occasion when the needle got to the point where the solution was injected, i felt as though i was receiving a (painless) electric current running down to my feet and up into my head which left me with ringing in my ears and a numbness in my buttocks and legs for a few days. When i asked the dr performing the injections what it was he could not say. I have also had some horrible experiences with epidurals. Any ideas what that might have been?
PS. He did say Depo Medrol was in the injection i believe.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds