Welcome, Guest

Tiredness/weakness
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tiredness/weakness

Tiredness/weakness 18 years, 3 months ago #289

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Hello everybody, i've just joined the forum and what a great source of info it is.
I wonder if anyone else suffers these symptoms that i do - I have arach and take many pills to get through the day but every day about late afternoon/ early evening i get very tired and weak and sometimes fall asleep. I am fine after about 9 o'clock, it's just during this 4 hour period?

Re:Tiredness/weakness 18 years, 3 months ago #302

• johnb
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone, I feel we (me as carer, Stella with AA) can offer a suggestion here as we have had the same problem. Stella takes around 30 pills plus liquid oxynorm each day and in addition to managing the drowsiness, we also wanted to ensure that those that should be taken with food are actually done so at times convenient to us. We went through the list of side effects for each and where possible timed those most likely to cause the drowsiness for midday with food and again with something light to eat late in the evening. This way, we shifted the involuntary sleep period from early evening to after lunch. We did have a disaster though, when an antibiotic was prescribed for an infection, that clashed with something else she was taking - it initially caused hallucinations, incorehent and rambling speech, and eventually a deep sleep from which it took 2 hours to wake her. I'm sure other suffers are taking similar quantities of medication with very little information on how they really interact with each other. We are now very cautious with any changes to the medication or the daily routine we have established to manage such large quantities of powerful medication. The best person you can befriend other than your regular doctor is your pharmacist - they often have more up-to-date information on interactions and what combinations are likey to agravate drowsiness.

Re:Tiredness/weakness 18 years, 3 months ago #303

• johnb
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone, I feel we (me as carer, Stella with AA) can offer a suggestion here as we have had the same problem. Stella takes around 30 pills plus liquid oxynorm each day and in addition to managing the drowsiness, we also wanted to ensure that those that should be taken with food are actually done so at times convenient to us. We went through the list of side effects for each and where possible timed those most likely to cause the drowsiness for midday with food and again with something light to eat late in the evening. This way, we shifted the involuntary sleep period from early evening to after lunch. We did have a disaster though, when an antibiotic was prescribed for an infection, that clashed with something else she was taking - it initially caused hallucinations, incorehent and rambling speech, and eventually a deep sleep from which it took 2 hours to wake her. I'm sure other suffers are taking similar quantities of medication with very little information on how they really interact with each other. We are now very cautious with any changes to the medication or the daily routine we have established to manage such large quantities of powerful medication. The best person you can befriend other than your regular doctor is your pharmacist - they often have more up-to-date information on interactions and what combinations are likey to agravate drowsiness.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds