Welcome, Guest

Auto Immune/Arach?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Auto Immune/Arach?

Auto Immune/Arach? 18 years ago #377

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
I keep reading about Arachnoiditis being an auto immune disorder, does this mean us sufferers are more vulnerable to catching any/other infections/diseases etc? I ask as i seem to catch anything doing the rounds nowadays, i got the flu jab last Oct but still have had a flu like illness for about 4 weeks, during which i contracted 'stomach flu' - vomiting, diarrhea, fever - for a week and it was terrible. I feel today as if i'm just getting rid of it but am very weak and now my daughter has come down with Chicken pox which i did not get as a child so am particularly worried i catch it as the thought of any prolonged bout of Chicken pox which i believe can be serious in an adult worries me no end.
I could not take my painkillers, anti depressants etc during the 'stomach flu' week so was in agony too - had to call out doc for daily Voltarol jabs -
I did ask my doc about a chicken pox vaccine but he was a bit vague on it.

Does anyone here take any immune system boosting supplements? And met with any degree of success? Do they affect any painkillers people take?<br><br>Post edited by: kev, at: 2006/04/17 16:02

Re:Auto Immune/Arach? 18 years ago #378

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Kev
Only just back online after another three weeks without the computer. Small eyesballs been affecting me since Xmas!!
Auto-immune problems are common. I had chicken pox as a child but managed to get a secondary of shingles a few years ago. Not good!

Melon, Grapefruit, Tomato's all good for boosting immune system but you have to be careful over grapefruit as it does interact with some pain medications.
Search the website the Doc has done some good stuff on 'Foods to Eat' for the immune system.
Will try to be more help tomorrow - but kids are just germ factories - we love them but mask and gown them before they visit!!
DocSarah will be online soon
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds