Welcome, Guest

Get your eyes checked
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Get your eyes checked

Get your eyes checked 17 years, 11 months ago #382

• Aly
  • Fresh Boarder
I have been recently diagnosed with macular degeneration, eliminating the common risk factors it is thought that iodine might be the cause. I had chemical meningitis when I had a myelogram done, went on to have arachnoiditis, I was allergic to the iodine in the omnipaque..

Over the past few years my vision has been blurring, now I know why. kindly, Aly

www.med.nyu.edu/ophthalmology/patients/m...ion/riskfactors.html

Re:Get your eyes checked 17 years, 11 months ago #383

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Aly
Not an old problem unfortunately. I came down with vasculitis Christmas Eve followed a week later by acute angle glaucomo. The stupid reason I was given was that I had small eye balls. Well I had had them for 59 years with no problem. Two weeks before all this started I had an iodine water based dye for an enhanced CT scan, admittedly intravenous but it does make you wonder when nobody knows why this happened to me!!
We need someone who has had similar symptoms when being given these uptodate waterbased dyes because in 1995 the Royal College of Radiologists, at the height of the Myodil scandal admitted that waterbased dyes had more iodine than Myodil ever had!
Had my eyes checked as they are still not right but all the laser holes are still open so here's hoping
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds