Welcome, Guest

AT A LOSS- for Doc Sarah
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: AT A LOSS- for Doc Sarah

AT A LOSS- for Doc Sarah 17 years, 10 months ago #407

• whitewolfe
hi Doc and everyone else!
had to take a new \"name\"- gmedic -old one cause it has been a while since i have been on but I am really glad to be back now!

Doc, I want to know how to Come and see you? I went to ST. Paul, Minn. and saw Doc Burton. and well to tell you the truth I was severly disappointed.

yes, I took his higher image MRI- turned out I have AA- even after he said he didn't think i did. Guess what stunned me was I expected to have him LISTEN. he only wanted FILMS. If the FILMS didn't say so, it wasn't true! so one day with all my symptoms I did not have AA and the next I did! I wanted---Still do-- to Cry! If the best doc here doesn't listen. What chance do we as patients have?
final word from him? I have AA causing \"some\" of my systoms but a disc that wasn't fixed must be the REAL reason behind all of it. My ? to him was what does he suggest for that disc when years (3+) of treatment has been done on it -same as the AA site, just not sx. and he says i am not a surgical canidate!!!!

I just want ALL the Suffering people on this site to know what the real Doc Burton is like. He seems wonderful on-line with his pro patient appraoch and everything seemed to point to him being different than other doctors. Well, he IS different. just don't expect Doctor Sarah's approach. For him It is ALL ABOUT WHAT SHOWS UP ON THE MRI, not what is going on in your body. This may work for some AA sufferers, and I am glad he is WRITING for us, I guess I just expected...Caring?...someone who understood the suffering we go through?... All I know is... I was better off before i saw him, at least then i had hope in 3 people in the medical field.

I am serious Doctor Sarah, I am in the US, please say you will see me as a patient and when, I will be there. I am tried of the pain and of nobody listening. thanks

Re:AT A LOSS- for Doc Sarah 17 years, 10 months ago #411

• DocSarah
Dear Whitewolf

I'm very sorry to hear you had such a disappointing visit with Charles Burton. I emailed him recently about whether he still sees arach. patients and he replied:
'I continue to see patients with adhesive arachnoiditis bur basically from the standpoint of determining if they are candidates for implanted spinal neurostimulators'

He has always been particularly keen to distinguish between arachnoiditis (silent) and adhesive arachnoiditis (symptomatic). Unfortunately, most people rely on MRI results to make a definitive diagnosis, but in many ways, the name we give someone's condition is only a starting point and what matters is how we manage the problems it causes.

I would be delighted to see you, but it is an awfully long trip and I know how difficult travelling is for people with arach. I'm not sure I could contribute enough to make the expense (financial and otherwise) worthwhile.

All the best,

DocSarah

Re:AT A LOSS- for Doc Sarah 17 years, 10 months ago #412

• whitewolfe
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much Doc Sarah!

It is simply nice to know that there is still hope out there for us all- what ever you do please don't leave us hanging. I know I speak for quite a few us AA sufferers when I say It is just nice to know your there for us.Even if you are an ocean away.

I have spoken to my husband and we both agree that my seeing you if you are willing would be worth the travel. Luckily we have lots of friends and family over seas that we can make an extended visit with. Could you let me know where you are located at exactly? If you do not mind, I will pass on my e-mail ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) and you can contact me there if it is better. I can let you know what I am hoping for out of a visit and you can let me know if you feel that it is possible or how long it may take. It will be awile before putting things togethor and getting over this last trip physically! is how I am feeling now!

Also I want to finish up this horrible w/c case that is in its 4+ year in july but supposedly things are working to the end now.

one quick ? that has been placed to me and I have to make a choice about & that I'd like your opinion on if you don't mind. how do you find intrathecal pumps work for AA patients when they have exhausted all other med resources? (fentyl duragesics are working slim, methadone was tried, and i am allergic to many of the \"starter\" drugs.-not that they went well anyway:sick:
Thanks For all your help and response- like I said, it's nice to know someone cares.

Re:AT A LOSS- for Doc Sarah 17 years, 10 months ago #413

• whitewolfe
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much Doc Sarah!

It is simply nice to know that there is still hope out there for us all- what ever you do please don't leave us hanging. I know I speak for quite a few us AA sufferers when I say It is just nice to know your there for us.Even if you are an ocean away.

I have spoken to my husband and we both agree that my seeing you if you are willing would be worth the travel. Luckily we have lots of friends and family over seas that we can make an extended visit with. Could you let me know where you are located at exactly? If you do not mind, I will pass on my e-mail ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) and you can contact me there if it is better. I can let you know what I am hoping for out of a visit and you can let me know if you feel that it is possible or how long it may take. It will be awile before putting things togethor and getting over this last trip physically! is how I am feeling now!

Also I want to finish up this horrible w/c case that is in its 4+ year in july but supposedly things are working to the end now.

one quick ? that has been placed to me and I have to make a choice about & that I'd like your opinion on if you don't mind. how do you find intrathecal pumps work for AA patients when they have exhausted all other med resources? (fentyl duragesics are working slim, methadone was tried, and i am allergic to many of the \"starter\" drugs.-not that they went well anyway:sick:
Thanks For all your help and response- like I said, it's nice to know someone cares.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds