Welcome, Guest

GOOD AND BAD DOCTORS ! !
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: GOOD AND BAD DOCTORS ! !

GOOD AND BAD DOCTORS ! ! 17 years, 8 months ago #440

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
I believe Gina suggested having a list of good/bad doctors. This would be very useful, especially as it took me 4 years to get my bowel damage diagnosed correctly.

The doctor that injured me is already listed in a QC's web site, so I don't see a problem with naming him - responses welcome.

Dr Michael Powers QC www.medneg.co.uk/cases.htm

Tibber v Dr Keith Bush
Evans J. 16/06/01 (unreported) Spinal and Intracranial Abscess.
Failure to examine proved. Causation not established

Please advise me if I'm breaking any rules !

Post edited by: helen, at: 2006/08/17 13:19

Post edited by: helen, at: 2007/05/21 00:33<br><br>Post edited by: helen, at: 2007/05/21 00:33

Re:GOOD AND BAD DOCTORS ! ! 17 years, 7 months ago #463

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Helen
Still catching up!
No rules have been broken this forum belongs to you all and somebody doesn't like whats being said they can always go to another site.
I am all for naming GOOD DOCTORS and good practice where ever it is. The only thing that bothers me about that is some people may be willing to travel long distances and spend fast amounts of money only to be disappointed with the outcome. I have seen it happen so many times. I have listened to so many people who have done this and their desperation only seems to increase.
Had a bit of that myself in the early days. I use to say to myself that I just hadn't found the right doctor yet! I was going to get better but just needed the right treatment!
Acceptance is not being weak or giving up. It's about learning as much as you can about your symptoms and managing them as best you can.
If we can't educate the doctors at least we can educate ourselves.
By for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:GOOD AND BAD DOCTORS ! ! 17 years, 7 months ago #464

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Helen
I don't believe naming BAD DOCTORS is a good idea. Much as I would like to myself. I don't believe they deliberately set out to cripple people. I think at best it is ignorance, complacency and of course arrogance!
I had a very good incidence of that just today. Educating her GP, advertising our website and using a few of the buzz words they have learnt from us to get a positive re-action:)
www.theaword.org/index.php?option=com_co...68&amp;Itemid=48
I had asked the Doc to do this article because so many people were having trouble with their own doctors.
I cannot see any benefit from naming and shaming but can from trying to educate them:kiss: (Then I would like to...... perhaps not) DocSarah may have got hit in the crossfire and we wouldn't have what we have got today.
See what I mean?
I am trawling thru' all the posts so I can get up to date, but I am still a bit fragile and can't stay on too long:sick:
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:GOOD AND BAD DOCTORS ! ! 17 years, 7 months ago #465

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Kim

Good to see your responses. I?m afraid, however, I cannot agree with you on some issues. A doctor, who knowingly paralyses a man through poor non-sterile technique, and doesn?t learn from his mistakes or revise his methods deserves to be named. For years he continued in the same arrogant manner ? even though he was facing a court case for medical negligence. That IS DELIBERATE !

Re:GOOD AND BAD DOCTORS ! ! 17 years, 7 months ago #466

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Helen
I understand your anger, I really do. If I could find a way to, as an individual person, to expose the doctor who did this to me.... (Under sterile conditions and xray control which is what he did) I would scream it from the mountain tops. And I haven't given up on that you can be assured. But here, I am a member of group and have to be responsible to the whole group to get as much information to help as many people as I can with positive things. I would never have got DocSarah on board if I had gone down that root or managed to get any credibility to do the things I have been doing behind the scenes. You may think it is fence sitting - something I often accuse the Doc of - germaloids in the post!
I campaigned for many years to have the right to report adverse incidents as a patient, which we now have. Trouble is most people go down the legal route and then don't report it to what was then Medicines Control Agency (UK) As far as I know there isn't a vehicle to do the same about individual doctors - yet -
It is a collective conspiracy of not only doctors but the legal profession and of course the pharmaceutical industry per se! The spelling has gone to the wall but hey it's been a long day.
If you have any idea's I can do as an individual please let me know.
It has only been my anger that kept me going but I am a wolf in sheeps clothing!!
If the Doc reads this she will know what I mean.
Take care as I am hoping to be more active from now on
index.php?option=com_content&amp;task=view&amp;id=693&amp;Itemid=45
Oh well I tried news update at About us/ Doc Sarah and can't get a link to it either here or on the Front Page!! I feel a Jamie moment coming on!

Post edited by: Kim, at: 2006/09/18 18:25:( <br><br>Post edited by: Kim, at: 2006/09/18 18:28
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds