• Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest

action for arachniacs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: action for arachniacs

action for arachniacs 17 years, 9 months ago #426

Hi Doc Sarah and All,

Lately I have been trying to get legal representation for a lady in the NE USA who has arach. Apparently the last 2 ESI she got went straight to work with the arach, which happened very quickly and rapidly resulted in brain injury. She has almost no short term memory left.
What she has come across that has taken her months to realize, with my help is her docs who did the ESIs have 'lost' all the records of the events, and the MRI proving she has arach, and are acting extremely like guilty people covering something up.

I was speaking very recently with a prominent lawyer about restitution vis a vis arach, and was astonished. He said in his state (as in most here) you are limited to 250k settlement by law. He said in all honesty, it takes near that to win a case, especially with all the expert witnesses needed, and the ferocious fights the industry puts up (see attached site on the legal trickery used to dodge arach suits in Australia).. see page 14 of this pdf : www.mdanational.com.au/uploads/du200106.pdf)
He said we would have to have a class action to get anything done, and several expert witnesses, who have studied this condition, to testify for us. I have come across several hundred names of ARC/aa researchers in google book 'arachnoiditis', but cannot find any of them physically to interview.

Do you all know who these researchers are or how to find and locate researchers for medical and scientific texts? They do not seem to be prominent on the internet, maybe for a reason. If anyone knows this, please contact me. There seem to be literally hundreds of them but I cannot contact them. Any ideas?

Many thanks, low A to all,

Al

Re:action for arachniacs 17 years, 8 months ago #427

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
Hi,

I've been involved in several cases and it is fair to say that proving arach. as a result of any one intervention can be difficult and often practicably impossible.

I am not aware of hundreds of arach. researchers/experts anywhere in the world. I think after 8 years involved with the condition I would have come across them by now. I am only aware of Dr. Charles Burton (Minnesota), Professor Antonio Aldrete (FLorida), Dr. Dewey Nelson (retired) and myself (UK based).

There was a lawyer in Texas trying to put together a case against Alcon but I am not sure how far that has got. I beleive there may have been a class action there.

Sadly, Big Pharma is very powerful, perhaps even unassailable.

Regards,

DocSarah
[b]DocSarah

Re:action for arachniacs 17 years, 8 months ago #428

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
[b]DocSarah

Re:action for arachniacs 17 years, 7 months ago #442

Hi DocSarah,

Unassailable is such a harsh word. Unfortunately, after years of trying to get the top level academics and scientists in the US to take a good hard look at this condition, its status, and its origin, and find some relief for us sufferers, I am afraid your assessment is correct.

Not only is/are big pharmas unassailable, I believe their co-enablers, the anesthesiologists, and their valuable partners, the surgeons, are unassailable, and uninterested in ARC as well. I have a documented long case history of arach, dozens of ESIs in every form over 20 years, and ongoing spine problems, and ARC/aa and the powers that be are STILL insisting I get more ESI and nerve blocks and epidurals. Having 39-40 ESIs in one lifetime is insane. But that is all they can offer, even in the presence of arachnoiditis. And yet they blame me for not accepting more nerve blocks and epidurals. When are block jocks going to be run out of medicine?

I am hopeful this can change some day, but I see no sign of it at present. An incalcitrant, immutable, inflexible system invites its own collapse. If I were capable I would list out all the ARC researchers I can find, but my situation has deteriorated to the point I am all but useless. Nearly all my energy is spent trying to put up with this agonising pain and keep my head above water as the weather changes. My foot neuropathy has been roaring, and the spine right along with it. Fall makes this much worse, and it is on its way.

Please let us all know if you ever come up with a way we can convince this system it is going about its business all wrong. It is $$ $$ $$ first, patients and health, last.

Take care,

Al

Sadly, Big Pharma is very powerful, perhaps even unassailable.

Re:action for arachniacs 17 years, 7 months ago #453

• whitewolfe
  • Fresh Boarder
hi Al,
i am going for a med mal case now and will be using the services of dr aldrete. i went to him praying there was more to helpmy pain- of course some advicewas given but pain still persists. he is in birmingham alabama if you get to go see him, i felt like it was well worth the pain to get there and the price.he is a very accomplished man and seems to really care too. not sure yet how the med mal will go, but keep your fingers crossed for me. my surgeon ruptured the thecal/dural sac and allowed blood into my spinal chord canal! --G

Re:action for arachniacs 17 years, 7 months ago #454

HI,

I know Dr A. Good luck. I have heard several others planning to work with him in a lawsuit over the last few years. Have never heard of one winning a case .. yet. but there is always a first time.

I hope you win,

Yankee
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds