Welcome, Guest

Pregabalin/Elavil
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pregabalin/Elavil

Pregabalin/Elavil 17 years, 7 months ago #455

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Trying to get into things again, slowly at first. Have a query about Pregabalin and wonder if anyone out there has tried this. I have had a couple of queries with regard to side effects and a request about doses used.
I don't know anything about it really except it is son of Gabapentin for neuropathic pain!
I have known Gabapentin over the years and had good and bad experiences from other people. The main problem was 'it messed with my head too much'. Others seem swear by it so I think it might be an individual thing.
The cynic in me tells me that it may be that gabapentin is coming to the end of it's protection and all they have to do is tweek it a bit and repackage.
They did this with Amitriptyline with Nortriptyline or tho' Nortriptyline did seem to have less side effects.
So does anyone else experience less or more side effects with Pregabalin?
Would ask the Doc but she is on the move again! so out of touch for a while.
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Pregabalin/Elavil 17 years, 6 months ago #461

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
What a cynic you are Kim!!!

Pregabalin is 'son of gabapentin' but different in some useful ways. One of these is that we don't need to build the dose up slowly, and it can be taken twice a day instead of 3 times.

I'd be interested to know of peoples' experiences, good and bad, in trying this drug.

Regards,

DocSarah

PS Kim's cynicism may not be misplaced, Pfizer have lost the patent rights so gabapentin can now be produced by other drug companies, but in fact practically speaking, most gabapentin being used is still made by Pfizer.
[b]DocSarah

Re:Pregabalin/Elavil 17 years, 6 months ago #462

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Oh Doc
I am hurt:ohmy: Little old me a cynic? It's what keeps me so happy:)
The most often quoted side effect seems to be weight gain and fuzzyness in the head.
My attitude is they crippled my body but there not getting anywhere my brain. I have had too much experience of people taking Gabapentin and not being instructed on the correct way to build up to a theraputic dose. So maybe this was to help the doctors out:evil: OK there goes my cynicism again so I just leave it at that!!
Glad to see you back on line again
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds