Welcome, Guest

Bad Experience From A Epidural Steroid Injections
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bad Experience From A Epidural Steroid Injections

Bad Experience From A Epidural Steroid Injections 17 years ago #562

• suespoems
  • Junior Boarder
This may be a silly question but I was wondering can their be blood seeping into my lumbar spine 6 years after my steriod injection as I am suffering low iron stores despite being on medication to boost it back up I have also had iron injections. The reason I ask is that no one is telling me why I have low iron stores they just say they don't know also when I had the epidural steroid injection I had a very bad experience it was done with out any guidence from an x-ray ,I also passed out while the preceedure was being done due to excruciating pain which shot down into my legs and when I came round I was lay in a pool of blood I am sure this should not have happened.
Love Sue x:)

Re:Bad Experience From A Epidural Steroid Injectio 17 years ago #563

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Sue
Not medically qualified as you know but I very much doubt there could be seepage at this stage. In fact they use blood patches to seel spinal fluid leakages as it clots so easily after epidural anaesthesia.
It is quite obvious that they clipped a nerve when you had the epidural hense the immediate pain and of course no it shouldn't have happened.
Low iron uptake is a tough one. Never heard of it but will search the site for an answer and if not will ask the question of the Doc.And the truth is Docs don't know everything and don't like looking stupid:whistle:
Anything else I can help with - having a good day so far
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Bad Experience From A Epidural Steroid Injectio 17 years ago #565

• suespoems
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Kim
What is a blood patch is it like a plaster they should put on your back after the proceedure I didn't have anything put on my back afterwards.
I was just wondering about my low iron as I am trying to find out why I am not storing iron as I can't get any answers from my GP or the hospital.
Love Sue x:)

Re:Bad Experience From A Epidural Steroid Injectio 17 years ago #567

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Sue
Too late for me really. A blood patch is just they take a syringe of blood out of your arm and inject into the epidural site and this will seal the arachnoid membrane leak. But if the blood then enters the arachnoid space:( tough.
Try again tomorrow for you
Bye for now
Kim:whistle:
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Bad Experience From A Epidural Steroid Injectio 17 years ago #568

• suespoems
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Kim
Thanks for the info
no I never had this done after my ESI
I can remember the bad experience I had but thought this was normal to have the pain shoot down my legs which caused me to pass out and the bleeding and also the severe headache afterwards.
Take care!
Love Sue x
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds