Welcome, Guest

cerebral arachnoiditis following meningitis
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: cerebral arachnoiditis following meningitis

cerebral arachnoiditis following meningitis 15 years, 4 months ago #752

• mert
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there anyone out there suffering from arachnoiditis in their brain? If read lots of forums and info about spinal arachnoiditis but there doesn't seem to be info about arach in the head.
Feb 6 2006 I went to the hospital with the worst headache/pain I have ever had in my life. I thought I was having an aneurism and would die. I couln't stand even the slightest bit of light.
My neck hurt like crazy. I vomited suddenly when I got into the E-room. I was crying uncontrolably and thrashing around in pain. The small town hosp i went to pumped me full of IV pain meds and to my shock and dismay sent me home. In short detail I suffered terribly from hydrocephalis pain, excruciating neck pain and photophobia for four long months. At about two months from the time I first got sick I started having weird awful symptoms, the bottoms of my feet hurt so much like pins were sticking me, I always thought bugs were crawling on my legs and sometimes my arms, I had sharp shooting pains in my arms and legs, and other symptoms but the worst was it felt like someone was using a blow torch around my brain or pouring acid
on my brain.
Is there some place I can go for more info. I finally was perscribed tramadol after taking hydroco for a year and that has made a huge differance I'm able to function now somewhat normal except when a Low Pressure weather system comes in, then I sometimes have to be rushed to the ER.
I would appreciate any info, help, support anything.
Thanks
Mert

Re:cerebral arachnoiditis following meningitis 15 years, 3 months ago #759

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Mert,

sounds like you had a really rough ride! Have you been diagnosed with cerebral arach? You symptoms are typical of neuropathic pain. Have you read my articles on chronic pain: might help to shed some light. I have seen a couple of patients with problems like yours after meningitis.
[b]DocSarah
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds