Welcome, Guest

I need a doctor that is not afraid
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: I need a doctor that is not afraid

I need a doctor that is not afraid 16 years, 5 months ago #669

• ttaylor
  • Fresh Boarder
I can not get a doc to give me a written diagnosis. I can get verbal \"probable diagnosis\" but nothing in writing with opinions on the cause. Are docs in the US afraid to speak out against another doc that made a huge mistake. My life is riuned at 37 years and I want what I deserve so I can take care of my wife. This is so unfair.

Tommy

Re:I need a doctor that is not afraid 16 years, 5 months ago #670

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Oh Tommy
I am so sorry not to get back to you sooner. Daughters getting squashed on Motorways (Freeways) and grandson's having near fatal asthma attacks.
You need a Dr who is not afraid? Sorry pal it isn't going to happen!
The Hypocratic Oath they take - says \"First do no harm\" The next one says \"Do not rat out other Dr's\" I don't know where you are in the US and whether that would help, maybe other Boards could help with that.
I got DocSarah before they got to her. But I got the information out of her to help people with Chronic Pain before she went back to her profession.
I know you think the diagnosis is important and you want answers, but it isn't. How you cope now with the pain level you have, is the best way to help you and your wife.
I wish I was the same person I was in 1992, when after 10 years treatment they finally crippled me for life, but I can't. Now I do other things I can cope with. Go out and find me a DocSarah in the US. I did it for the UK!
Sorry Tommy, don't be a victim, be a FIGHTER.
THEY CAN'T WIN
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:I need a doctor that is not afraid 15 years ago #777

• spider
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi I am new to the forum and so pleased to find you.

My partner suffers with chronic back, leg and feet pains etc. He is, at the moment, in a lot of pain and I am at a complete loss on how to help him. I am a reflexologist and although this gives him a little relief it is short lasting. How can he get a diagnosis? Having read some of Doctor Sarah's articles the symptoms he suffers do seem to indicate arachnoditis and he has had injections in his spine in the mid 1980's and he is not sure whether he has had a mylogram. Does he need to obtain a referral from the doctor to see Doctor Sarah or can he self refer and pay privately?

Thank God there is someone out there who can understand and does believe.

Re:I need a doctor that is not afraid 15 years ago #778

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Spider
I am not a fresh boarder but it seems I still need 'noddy' lessons on how to navigate my way round. I picked up your post because they automatically email new posts to me if I have ticked a box!
Anyway, I copied in your post to email DocSarah and hope she has some answers for you. You can contact DocSarah direct on the Contact Us menu.
Hope this helps
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:I need a doctor that is not afraid 15 years ago #779

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Got an answer of sorts but no email address
Hi,
he could get a referral to the Bath Centre for Pain Services in the guise of an assessment for the Pain Management Programme, best to use Choose and Book through GP if possible to get PCT funding (note: this is not officially for me to be seeing him to diagnose...but once I see him, we can work from there...)
If not, I could see him privately I guess, but not sure where he is?
Cheers
GD

Re:I need a doctor that is not afraid 15 years ago #791

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
I can get verbal confirmation from my ortho but he doesn't put it down in writing either. They are as slippery as eels!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds