Obtaining Medical Records
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Obtaining Medical Records

Obtaining Medical Records 15 years ago #780

• spider
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone

I know you are supposed to be able to see your medical records but why is it so difficult to find out who and where to write to?

Can anyone tell me whether you can see your records prior to 1991?

If I can obtain the medical records will they help to prove or disprove arachnoditis and therefore press for appropriate treatment?

Several spinal injections were performed,which included a lumbar puncture, a milogram and an injection of chymopapain prior to 1987. How can you prove that you have arachnoditis? Will seeing the records help anyway?

Re:Obtaining Medical Records 15 years ago #784

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
medical records can go back to year dot. It can cost up to £50. You just write to the Medical Records Manager at the hospital concerned. Will it help you get a diagnosis? I doubt it. In fact it will just antagonize most doctors by trying to prove one of their colleagues may be responsible.
Chymopapain? Haven't heard that one in a while. That alone could have been your main risk factor for arachnoiditis.
Your best bet is a clinical diagnosis from a doctor who knows about risk factors.
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds