Welcome, Guest

Amotriptaline
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Amotriptaline

Amotriptaline 15 years, 1 month ago #781

• spider
  • Fresh Boarder
Has anyone been given amotriptaline as a pain killer?

Re:Amotriptaline 15 years, 1 month ago #782

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Very popular, usually in combination with another pain killer and a muscle relaxant. Are being asked to take it at night? If so try taking it a couple of hours before bed helps with the drowsiness
Good Luck
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Amotriptaline 15 years, 1 month ago #783

• spider
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Kim........thought it was an anti depressent!

Re:Amotriptaline 15 years, 1 month ago #785

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Spider
It is an anti-depressant but it works on pain receptors in the brain. I will find the link where the Doc gives an explanation. It is usually prescribed in too low a dose to actually treat depression. The dose is usually 5-10 mgs at night
Kim
Found it and another 40+ reference's in the search engine
www.theaword.org/index.php?option=com_co...id=400&Itemid=41
The most general description
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
Last Edit: 15 years, 1 month ago by Kim. Reason: additional information and link

Re:Amotriptaline 15 years, 1 month ago #786

• spider
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Kim

Do you suffer from arachnoditis? You seem to know a great deal about everything concerning it, thank goodness someone does. I had never even heard of it until 2 weeks ago when I did a search on some of the injections etc that my partner had had years ago, looking for some way to help him with the pain.

Re:Amotriptaline 15 years, 1 month ago #787

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi again
Yes I was diagnosed in 1987 by a CAT scan. (Have the radiologists report) No doctor ever told me tho'. I got my medical records (for another purpose) in 1995 and there it was. The tragedy of that and the anger which drives me on is that if I had known at the time I would not have had the further invasive treatments which only made my condition worse. Mind you there wasn't the information out there at the time. That's why this website is so important to me:)
It took me years to find out why I was getting worse instead of better and then years to collate all this information. So yes I do know all about arachnoiditis and so does DocSarah. So you can ask me anything
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds