Amotriptaline
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Amotriptaline

Re:Amotriptaline 15 years ago #788

• spider
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Kim

Now I know why you know so much. When will some doctors realise that if you give people a diagnosis it only empowers them to help themselves. I am sorry you have had to suffer so much. If they knew what your problem was, why did they continue with more invasive treatments that would only make the problem worse!

It's my partner that suffers the pain and of course there has not been a diagnosis, in fact they just go tight lipped and don't say anything. He is on income support and is desperately worried that because no-one has said or even idicated what it is and most doctors look at him a bit strange when he starts saying things like 'it feels as though I am walking on broken glass', the burning in my legs is killing me etc, which I think, is what I put in the google search and found arachnoditis, that they are going to try to force him back into work. I really feel that I have to do something to help him as he is not a 'wimp' and just lately the pain has been getting much worse..I have found him sobbing his socks off on a few occassions due to the pain. He is also terrified that they will start doing more surgical work if he moans to them too much.

I feel that if he could get a dianosis which gave a name to whatever it is and some proper pain relief, life would be so much better for him.

Take care and bless you

Jan

Re:Amotriptaline 15 years ago #789

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Jan
I could have written that last sentence myself over 20 years ago. It saddens me so much that despite what we have all tried to do, people are still 'crying their socks off' Please don't despair, he may never get his old life back but there is still life to live.
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Amotriptaline 15 years ago #790

• spider
  • Fresh Boarder
He had a mylogram in 1983 and we thought it may show on his records whether he had had the myodil dye injeccted. After reading the little I have read about this no wonder no-one will say what it is and unless they go through the reams of paper in his notes they don't pick up what has been done to him and think he is exagerating the pain. When he moved to his last doctor the doctor told him just to take paracetamol, that should get rid of the pain. Almost makes you want to give up, doesn't it?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds