Entrapped Femoral nerve
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Entrapped Femoral nerve

Entrapped Femoral nerve 18 years, 10 months ago #85

• Catlover1
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,
I would like some info please, but first a bit of background: I had a commisurotomy on T11-12 -L1 done in 1993 for pain relief. It didn`t work but left me with prolapsed intestinal organs which led to a Colectomy (removal of Colon) and an Ileostomy. And of course, Adhesive Arachnoiditis.
Now my question: I was diagnosed with an entrapped femoral nerve and related hip pain that is extremely painful. I cannot tolerate the prescribed Neurontin because of my stoma (severe diarrhoea which in turn causes dehydration).
Can this condition be related to AA? And what can be done to help me with the pain? I also have Porphyria, and cannot use any medication.
The MRI shows the Spina Equena(sp?) to be encased in adhesions and a cysts in the spinal area,
Thank you
Elizabeth

Re:Entrapped Femoral nerve 18 years, 10 months ago #86

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Elizabeth
I will get back to you but need to speak to DocSarah.
She is having a bad time at the moment and not online so please be patient
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Entrapped Femoral nerve 18 years, 10 months ago #91

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Elizabeth
Sent your query to the Doc on 15th June
Hi Doc

Wishful thinking that you may be able to creep into work, if so got a little problem.
Posted on the forum!

Hi Kim,

have crept into work just briefly today. Will have a look at this next week when am hoping GP will let me back to work. In meantime, if this lady has cauda equina adhesions and cysts, then the hip pain might well be related. Not sure if pregabalin would have same problem as neurontin with diarrhoea, and with porphyria, she is limited in medication options. Other options include TENS, hydrotherapy etc.

Not only that but she finished up with:
Will have PC but can't afford internet as will be on really tight budget. Might be able to do forum from work PC though.

DocSarah is also on the move again, house wise.
However it looks like we may have limited access to her again for the forum so this can only be good news for us.
If the Doc doesn't post direct I will email you.
Bye for now
Kim

NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds