Welcome, Guest

Need advise with "A" diagnosis
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need advise with "A" diagnosis

Re: Need advise with "A" diagnosis 13 years, 10 months ago #924

• Mummy3
  • Fresh Boarder
Unfortunately, the Dr's office called and said I now have to take neurontin for 2 weeks (minimum). They know it won't help (I've taken it many times before)... they said if it doesn't work again this time, there isn't much else out there. Any advise for what meds have worked with the shooting stabbing and burning pains - not to mention the relentless back pain? Thank you so much for taking the time to help... I feel alone in this battle. I was just printing out information on the web for my next Dr's visit. I'm not sure they even believe arachnoiditis is a real condition.. which almost makes me laugh because fibro is a disease they diagnose with only a patients symptoms (no MRI's, CT's, X-rays, or blood work can pick it up..) and they have no trouble diagnosing people with that. Here I am with an MRI that shows my nerves in one large mass attached to the thecal sac and the radiologist diagnoses it... and they say...maybe it looks like arachnoiditis.... I am so fed up - ready to give up, too.

Re: Need advise with "A" diagnosis 13 years, 10 months ago #925

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Don't give up yet, please.
The Doc will answer tomorrow.
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re: Need advise with "A" diagnosis 13 years, 10 months ago #926

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Mummy3, i can empathise with your situation, i too have A but my surgeon is very shy when it comes to mentioning the word 'A'. My MRI states the same as yours, nerve clumping, i have all the symptoms but all he said last time i asked about it was "Well yes all your symptoms suggest A but ...hmmm....,yes A is suspected. He hasn't committed it to paper and this infuriates me.

Don't give up, fight to get Lyrica, it made a huge difference to my feet pain but my brain is a bit foggy and forgetful and i've put on weight.

Re: Need advise with "A" diagnosis 13 years, 10 months ago #929

• Mummy3
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I went to see a neurosurgeo and orthopedic spine dr. The neurosurgeon said I did have the symptoms and considered the clumping as mild on the MRI - the orthopedic said EVERYONE had some form of arachnoid scarring after surgery... How is this possible?

The orthopedic dr also found all my nerve pain symptoms as unusual since they are sporadic, and all over the place (i.e. - sharp pains come and go, burning pain comes and goes in my calfs, feet, thighs, numbness comes and goes and varies from leg to leg)... he said he didn't know what to make of it.

How about making an arachnoiditis diagnosis out of it...LOL

But alas, no - since he says it's common to have my nerve clumping...

common, huh?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds