• Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest

Does Arachnoiditis Get Better
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Does Arachnoiditis Get Better

Does Arachnoiditis Get Better 13 years, 8 months ago #945

• suespoems
  • Junior Boarder
I have recieved a letter today off a neurologist I was seeing to say arahnoiditis is an inflamatory condition (which I know)and may leave the body and show no signs but some symptoms.(Wow magic fairies that heal I wish) I honestly think he is trying to hide the fact I have Adhesive Arachnoditis and trying to make out my recent scan didn't show this condition.Funny how they said that about the first scan yet when Dr sarah had them read by a neuroradiologist it clearly showed.I know full well this scan I had a few months ago can't possible hide the AA as I know this condition is with you for life but when a neurologist is telling me different I need someone else to confirm if he is right or an I right?
I am very annoyed at the moment and going to try and get a copy of this scan, although I think the answer will be no but worth trying.Maybe Doc Sarah can advise.

Re: Does Arachnoiditis Get Better 13 years, 8 months ago #946

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Docs reply on the way
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re: Does Arachnoiditis Get Better 13 years, 8 months ago #947

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi,

I had a quick look back at your scans and Prof Aldrete's comments, and arach. was clearly demonstrated on them.

This is a typical thorny issue! There will always be a 'doubting Thomas' where arach. is concerned. It does however sound as though the neurologist is not denying that the condition is still there (he acknowledges that there may be persistent symptoms in the absence of signs) so in a way, what is on the MRI is academic (and in any case, scans don't necessarily correspond with symptoms). It also depends on the quality of the scan performed sometimes.

By all means try to get your scans, but finding arach. on them won't necessarily lead anywhere: what you need is someone to help you manage the symptoms. At least the neurologist has grasped that the condition is inflammatory.

Best of luck

DocSarah
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re: Does Arachnoiditis Get Better 13 years, 8 months ago #948

• suespoems
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Kim & Doc Sarah

I really do think the arach has been missed like it was in on my other scan and because the radiologist hasn't read it properly but I can't do anything about it as what they say is right and what I think is wrong.I am not getting any help or support here at all,no one knows anything about the condition they say its rare and just get on with it basically.I just feel stupid when I try and explain how I feel and I get looked at as though I am mad.I guess its easier to say I am ok.
Thanks for you help and advice

Re: Does Arachnoiditis Get Better 13 years, 8 months ago #952

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Dear Sue
I found not getting a correct diagnosis had a knock-on effect from my family - they now don't think I am as ill as I KNOW I AM, I was forced into taking horrendous strong anti-depressants which caused my heart to race for over 24 hours - thankfully an emergency doctor advised me to STOP as the drugs are known for this serious side-effect. I've been labelled as phsychotic (dont know spelling!) and the worst thing was my GP refused to let me try any new medication for pain!. After being admitted to hospital she relented and I am now trying some new meds!
I was reluctant to put this on the Forum, but arrogant doctors just don't care about the repercussions!

Please let me know if you get anywhere - I've given up trying for now.
Helen
Last Edit: 13 years, 8 months ago by helen.

Re: Does Arachnoiditis Get Better 13 years, 8 months ago #953

• suespoems
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Helen
Thank you for your reply so sorry you are also going through a bad time I fully understand how you feel.I was diagnosed with AA but since being diagnosed I have still been treated as though nothing is wrong.I haven't seen anyone for 3 years but people kept telling me I should be monitired even the physiotherapist I was seeing so I went to a new gp as my old one retired she sent me to see a neurologist and after he did an upto date MRI scan the AA along with everything else has magically gone and yet again I am labled neurotic and told there is no sinister cause for what I am going through and the pain I am in.The new GP I am seeing has no clue about the condition and isn't willing to find out either I am just sick of them all,if only they had to live with the condition.My Family know I am ill and they understand thankfully.I give up with doctors here I have no faith in them at all,I am not even going to bother with them again.I really hope the new meds help,Do let me know how your getting on.
Take care!
Sue
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds