Welcome, Guest

Cannabis
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cannabis

Cannabis 18 years, 9 months ago #84

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
I have been tracking GW Pharmacueticals who are manufacturing a 'respectable' form of cannabis, but unfortunately concentrating on MS. Although some lucky patients in SE England with Arachnoiditis are benifiting! But we are not a respectable enough condition so understand why GW go for non doctor induced condition!!
This latest alert is talking about a site in the US and something else going on in Canada!
Can someone fill me in on what this is all about?
www.gwpharm.co.uk/news_press_releases.asp
Prefer the home grown stuff myself but hey... what ever is going to help.

Kim

<br><br>Post edited by: Kim, at: 2005/06/10 19:50
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Cannabis 18 years, 9 months ago #87

• Aly
  • Fresh Boarder
Sativex was approved in Canada in April 2004 for neuropathy and MS www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleN...CANNABIS20/TPHealth/

Also available for arachnoditis see Court case check name Devries
72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:TtDtVG4WT6M...iditis&amp;hl=en
(Exemption 56)
www.hc-sc.gc.ca/english/protection/marijuana.html

Cesamet is also available, I'll let you know how this works out for neuropathy and muscle wasting plus loss of appetite, I'm taking it in liquid form, has to be mixed by pharmacy, just starting it,
www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.pharmaceutical/b...20Monographs/CPS-%20(General%20Monographs-%20C)/CESAMET.html

Kindly, Aly

Re:Cannabis 18 years, 9 months ago #99

• Aly
  • Fresh Boarder
Just thought I'd update you on the cesamet treatment I'm on. It took about a week before I felt the effects but I'm happy to report that it is really helping with the burning and fire in my legs and feet at night.

It has improved my appetite and my bowel habits (for some reason) otherwise I don't have any sideeffects except for being thirsty.

Sleeping a bit better, kindly, Aly

Re:Cannabis 18 years, 9 months ago #108

• Marti
  • Fresh Boarder
I live in RI,USA and our state has just passed the use of cannabis for folks like us. It has been a great help for me. I have finally stopped losing weight because I have an appitite. I can now sleep 6 hours in a row and the burning ache in my legs and feet is less. My bowels are better too! My depression is much less. I am able to take breaks from my body for an hour and it really helps me stay a little more balanced. Here is hoping we can all take advantage of the relief this drug gives.

I love this site and have passed it on to many family and friends. I am going to Mass. General next week to meet with a team of Doctors. They know a great deal about AA and will look at everything. They will give me the status of my AA as they see it, a prognisis and treatment recommendations. I am so glad to be going. The Neurosurgeon that put my pain pump in and out, in and out, infection etc, does not want to be my \&quot;Pain doctor\&quot;. My Primary Care Dr. does not want to either. Hopefully the team will recommend one for me.

Has anyone else found relief with non-perscribed Meds? I know guiefenesin sp? (the main drug in some cough syurps) helps alot with Fibro pain.
Marti

Re:Cannabis 18 years, 8 months ago #128

• Al_in_Canada
Hi Ali!
Are you in Canada too?

If so, I'd like to see your doctor!
Mine all seem to be in the '50's with their attitude to med Cannabis.
I'm also diagnosed with glaucoma and my spineless eye doctor won't prescribe it, even though I told him I already self medicate with it since it's effects are additive with the drops I take.

As to my neurological symptoms, I have a horrendous time travelling on business when I can't bring my pot with me. Bad enough for us being in huge airports with miles between bathrooms, crowded bumpy aircraft, taxis and hotels without some relief at the end of the trip...

I've spoken to my GP about Sativex, and she said she'd read up on it first and do a complete physical on me. (yay, prostate exam!)

Good thing, because it's easy for some other condition to creep in under the cover of AA (or syringomyelia or Arachnoid Cysts, or whatever the finally find).

That's another Canada rant...great we get free healthcare, but six months wait for an MRI??

Al

Re:Cannabis 18 years, 7 months ago #133

• Aly
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Al, Yes I do live in Canada.
I guess I am lucky with my pain doc, but I also must say that even some rheumatologists are Rxing it around here.

I have been taking the cessamet in a compounded form. The doctor had hoped it would help my appetite the burning and the spasms. I think it has helped slightly but not enough. I'm going to ask for the Sativex. Insurance covers both.

I would easily smoke it except the smell really bothers me.

If I were you I'd take the doctor the CATHERINE DEVRIES, 56 exemption, court case

www.torontohemp.com/news/news203.htm

As for the MRI, we have alot of private MRI clinics in QC and most private insurances will cover the cost or at least a good percentage of them, so the waiting time there is 1-3 days.

I'm not sure however if I could cross the border with these meds, take care, Aly
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds