NEW PAIN RELIEVING DRUG LAUNCHED!! Palexia sr
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: NEW PAIN RELIEVING DRUG LAUNCHED!! Palexia sr

NEW PAIN RELIEVING DRUG LAUNCHED!! Palexia sr 12 years, 11 months ago #1055

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Hi
Just wanted to draw your attention to a new drug which is better tolerated than opiate based ones~

First in class pain killer, Palexia® SR launched in the UK for the treatment of severe chronic pain
16 May 2011

Today sees the launch of Palexia® SR (tapentadol prolonged release) for the oral treatment of adults with severe chronic pain, which can only be adequately managed with opioid analgesics. Palexia® SR is the first in a new class of centrally acting analgesics called MOR-NRI, which has two mechanisms of action in one molecule; both µ-opioid receptor (MOR) agonism and noradrenaline reuptake inhibition (NRI).

~ please following the link below:

www.drugdiscoverytoday.com/view/17990/fi...severe-chronic-pain/

Best wishes to everyone
Helen
Last Edit: 12 years, 11 months ago by helen.

Re: NEW PAIN RELIEVING DRUG LAUNCHED!! Palexia sr 12 years, 10 months ago #1056

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Helen, i've read about this drug on another forum and am encouraged by the sound of it. I'm going to ask my doc about it. Are you intending trying it? A person on another forum has said his pain management doc told him a new nerve pain killer is on the way too, now that would be very encouraging.

Re: NEW PAIN RELIEVING DRUG LAUNCHED!! Palexia sr 12 years, 10 months ago #1057

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Kev
Thanks for response - I agree it does sound encouraging. I am still on a low dose of Lyrica and finding it hard to tolerate because I'm so sensitive to drugs.
If you do try it please keep us posted!
Take care, Helen
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds