Terminology
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Terminology

Terminology 18 years, 3 months ago #284

• Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Doc Sarah,
I have been reading your posts for son long, you seem to be alive in my life like a best girlfriend.Your report has been part at succeeding in reopening my file after thirty years of being closed and obtaining benefits until I reach 68 years old. This is a WCB file in qu?bec, canada. Incidentally I will be travelling to Montr?al to see a neurologist for a medical evaluation next week. I am preparing for it and I am also loathing it.

Anyhow, here is my question, if you do not mind.
One of the ct scan refers to this: Streak artifacts from shoulders obscures detail at the cervicodorsal junction region. Imaging was performed from c3-t1. There is disc space narrowing at C5-6.What are streak artifacts please?

Disk space narrowing: Does it refer to spine stenosis or suggest a possibility of syringomyelia? If so, could it be related to arachnoiditis in the lower lumbar spine L5-S1?

Thank you, Amiti?s
Louise

Re:Terminology 18 years, 2 months ago #297

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
Dear Louise,

apologies for my delay in replying.

Please bear in mind I cannot give individual advice but can give generalised information.

Artefacts on imaging are distortions often due to things like metal etc. e.g. in spinal fusion or they can simply be random for no reason.

Disc narrowing does not refer to spinal stenosis or syringomyelia. It is a common occurrence as we get older and the discs dry out; their shock absorbing properties are less effective. Severe loss of disc height can cause nerve root impingement as it closes the foramina (holes) through which the nerve roots run.

Regards,

DocSarah
[b]DocSarah
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds