Welcome, Guest

Question for the Doctor
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Question for the Doctor

Re:Question for the Doctor 17 years, 10 months ago #398

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Becky,

sorry not to reply sooner. Am a bit snowed under with work just now!

I'm also sorry to hear of your experiences. Sadly they are not unique. It may be difficult to pinpoint a single cause of your arachnoiditis; most likely is that it has arisen from a combination of circumstances: surgery, repeated epidural steroid injections, a dural tap, epidural blood patch and what sounds like meningitis (may have been chemical rather than infectious).

All those events standing alone can cause arachnoiditis but like most people it is probably the combination that has done the damage.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

DocSarah
[b]DocSarah

Re:Question for the Doctor 17 years, 10 months ago #400

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Ang,

well it does sound as if something went awry with that ESI but it is unlikely the steroid preparation spread as far as her neck. It may be that the upper body symptoms are not a direct consequence of arach. but an indirect one: this is not uncommon in arach. We;re not exactly sure why this happens as such, but it could be due to central sensitisation (the nervous system as a whole is on permanent 'red alert') and/or musculoskeletal secondary problems due to abnormal posture, muscular tension because of pain etc.etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

DocSarah
[b]DocSarah

Re:Question for the Doctor 17 years, 10 months ago #401

• Becky
  • Junior Boarder

Hi Doc Sarah,

I am wondering why you mentioned the meningitis? Do you think I had that and why?
I hope you are feeling pain free lately. I have finally broke down to do the pomp, I am scheduled to have the trial done on June 17th. I am really excited thinking I may finally get some relief from this horrible pain.
Many Blessings,
Becky

Re:Question for the Doctor 17 years, 10 months ago #403

• johnb
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Becky, Doc Sarah, Is the pump you are investigating the same as the one that the person at this link is using? www.arachnoiditis.info/stories/barbrak.html If it is, is it likely to allow the person I care for to get rid of the pain and get back some mobility without taking buckets full of pills and liquid opiates each day?

Re:Question for the Doctor 17 years, 8 months ago #433

• Becky
  • Junior Boarder
Hello Doc Sarah,
It has been a long time since I posted, I hope you are doing well. I hope the A isn't too bad.
Well, I went thru the pain pump trial and I only had it in for 2 days. I woke up one morning and I couldn't step down on my left leg without horrible pain. I called him early in the am and told him what was going on, he told me to get to the office first thing so we could remove it. The nurse said it wouldn't hurt that bad Whoaaaa. It hurt so bad. Now I still have pain in my left leg. I never had it before the pump. Both my legs feel like they have 100 lb weights on them. They just throb and ache constantly. I am off of work right now due to this. I can barely walk. No one from my dr's office has not told me to this day what happened. They just want to do it again. I am a little concerned about this. Since I am in so much pain still. What would you recommend. Get the trial again, or is it going to make me worse? I don't see myself going back to work again like I am, I can't hardly walk anymore without weakness and pain.

Wishing you pain free days,
Becky

Most of the world thinks Bush sucks 17 years, 1 month ago #526

• Antibush
Well that may well be the case but he hasn't got arachnoiditis and he doesn't want to query the doc! Anymore rubbish will just be deleted:evil:
Kim<br><br>Post edited by: Kim, at: 2007/02/16 22:33
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds