Welcome, Guest

Ketamine
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ketamine

Ketamine 17 years, 7 months ago #439

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Doc Sarah, could you give me any info on this drug ketamine? When i attended my local pain clinic the Doc there toyed with the idea of putting me on this but in the end decided against it due to 'weird dreams' side effects. Do you have any knowledge of this drug and is it widely prescribed for nerve pain and pain associated with AA?

Re:Ketamine 17 years, 7 months ago #443

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
Hi sorry not to answer sooner

Yes. we do use ketamine sometimes to enhance the effects of opiates. it is a dissociative anaesthetic and tends to be given in bolus doese over a few days until the hallucinatory effects kick in. However, occasionally it is used orally. I haven't seen great results with it to be honest.

HOPE THS HELPS!
[b]DocSarah

Re:Ketamine 17 years, 7 months ago #444

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
Hi sorry not to answer sooner

Yes. we do use ketamine sometimes to enhance the effects of opiates. it is a dissociative anaesthetic and tends to be given in bolus doese over a few days until the hallucinatory effects kick in. However, occasionally it is used orally. I haven't seen great results with it to be honest.

HOPE THS HELPS!
[b]DocSarah

Re:Ketamine 17 years, 7 months ago #446

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for your reply DocSarah. Probably just as well i was not put on it then. Never mind.
BTW Good luck with the house move, i have also moved house recently and know it can be a stressful experience.

Re:Ketamine 16 years, 9 months ago #584

• Aly
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Kev. Sorry to answer a year later but I was given this, had the side effects Dr. Sarah mentions and more and am since and still being treated for post traumatic stress disorder. If I had been informed I'd never have allowed for this drug to be given (IV) without telling me during a procedure, kindly, Aly

Re:Ketamine 16 years, 9 months ago #589

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Aly
Out of the loop on this one but I think we need a better answer from DocSarah.
BTW she has moved AGAIN since that email. I need a police radar gun to track her down
She is off limits at the moment, recovering from Shingles - me I blame the kids and their friends. Proper little germ factories.
Hoping she will be more active on the Forum soon and I am good enough to track things up on a daily basis now
Ann is going to do the links for me and I think I have signed up for Yahoo Groups but don't hold you breath I will ever get back there. I tried Hotmail and that was a disaster!!
Ever trying
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds