subarachnoid space
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: subarachnoid space

subarachnoid space 18 years, 10 months ago #39

• Louise
  • Fresh Boarder

Hello Kim and Dr. Sarah,
Your site is looking better and better. I am honoured you invited me Kim.
I have a question for Dr. Sarah. First the history:
Thirty years ago I had a discoidectomy, myelograms with Ethiodan and Epidurals with Depo Medrol after 3 inuries in the back and one on the right shoulder. At the time, my symptoms were not releaved therefore I was directed to see a psychiatrist. I was told by workers compensation from Qu?bec, Canada, to deal with my condition and go back to work. They closed the file. Fastforward to today. After a battle of one year and half, I was successful in reopening my file with WC. Review board has acknowledged the surgery site (L5-S1) with arachnoiditis. They will not acknowledge the pain that I have been under in regards to thoracic level and cervical. I show damages at these levels in regards to degenerative disorder and bulging discs.
Knowing that oil based agents and toxic carriers are injected in the sub arachnoid space and remain there, which I have proof of that, how can I prove that the spinal nerves have all been damaged from cervical to lumbar. Is there any studies showing without any doubts that the iatrogenic solutions are damaging the whole spine and not just the site of the surgery. Is there any court cases that have been tried and won on this matter setting a precedent.
I hope that you are in good health, wishing you a sunny day.
thank you and have a good day
Louise

Re:subarachnoid space 18 years, 10 months ago #41

• DARLA
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Kim and Dr. Sarah,
I very much like Louises's questions. How can we prove this?
Thanks Darla (USA) South Dakota

Re:subarachnoid space 18 years, 10 months ago #42

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Louise
I wish!
I know of one one successful court case in London but that was many years ago 1984? and involved Myodil.
I know the Doc was asked for expert testimony in the US and again in a case in the Isle of Man over here. However I think that is depo-medrone.
There have been a few studies done on water based dyes but that is all there have been - studies.
From a legal point of view, you have had multiple invasive treatments and from a medical point of view - the damage and scarring this caused could well be masking further damage inside the arachnoid membrane and MRI cannot distinguish this.
I think the Myodil case only got as far as the out of court settlement was because you could clearly indentify the calcified oil on an ordinary XRay. MRI scans back then were not of suffient quality to show the finer damage. Although I did have a CAT scan in '86 wich showed arachnoiditis and I had only had water based dyes in the two myelograms!
I think it's a case of doctor wanting to see what they want to see and nothing more. These diagnostic tests rarely killed people so what's the problem? They were already in pain so what's a bit more. Is that too cynical?
Ann surf's the net for me so I have asked her to look out for you.
Sorry I couldn't be more help on the legal issue.
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:subarachnoid space 18 years, 10 months ago #44

• Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Kim,
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Would you be able to find out a name from these cases that you mentioned? Anything so I can put my teeth in. I was injected with Depo-Medrol as well, numerous times. This also applies to me.
There has to be something that I can find to support my claim. Personally, it does not matter if another country has ruled on the evidence, it is easier to set a precedent.If you have such a case in England, being in Canada, within the same Commonwealth, I might have a chance to have this accepted. Precedents are set when someone tries to break the barrier. I am willing to go that route.
Thanks
Louise

Re:subarachnoid space 18 years, 10 months ago #45

• DARLA
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Kim & Louise,
I hope you don't mind me watching your posts. I have had 3 mylegrams-amipaque & iovue.
So, just like you I'm still fighting since 1983 and 3 surgeriess later.
I am in the USA, in South Dakota so I am hoping the new neurosurgeon will be familiar with Dr. Burton & Dr. Sarah. If not he will be.
Thanks so much for all of your information which is helping us all.

Sincerely,

Darla

Re:subarachnoid space 18 years, 10 months ago #47

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Darla
Big case in New York re: Depo-Medrone or Depo-Medrol, successful.
Unfortunately when I left the Arachnoiditis Trust I gave over 20 large boxes of information to them, which contained all the information gathered over many years.
I have only my memory to rely on now. On todays memories I am too tired to think but I will try.
Lexus Nexus a fee paying site has this information and any lawyer has access.
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds