Welcome, Guest

Enhancing scar
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Enhancing scar

Enhancing scar 17 years, 5 months ago #488

• Subur
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I'm new here and have a question or two.
What does it mean when someone has enhancing scar within diskectomy defect which is entirely contained within the anterior epidural fat?
Or enhancing scar encasing the nerve roots?
Also, what would cause reduced filling of the nerve roots on a myelogram?
Thank you for any explanations you can give me.
Sue

Re:Enhancing scar 17 years, 5 months ago #489

• Becky
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Sue,
I hope the Dr can answer your questions. To me it is saying you are full of scar tissue.
The nerve root, are they saying that you have arachnoiditis? Have you been DX with it yet?

Becky

Re:Enhancing scar 17 years, 5 months ago #490

• Subur
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Becky,
I did ask my Dr. if I have arachnoiditis as I have had most of the things done to me that cause it (multiple lumbar surgeries, chronic nerve compression, post-fusion hematoma, myelograms, chronic DDD and stenosis). He said, \"I don't think so, but your nerves may be stuck together.\" I thought that's what arachnoiditis is?! I also have EVERY symptom of A and while no one likes to be diagnosed with something like this, it would validate what is going on with my body. I have had 3 Drs. just shake their heads after looking at my films and tell me I have LOTS of scar tissue but no one will come out and say it.I also have also been diagnosed with Cauda Equina Syndrome which was caused by a large disc herniation with nerve compression that was misdiagnosed for over a year. All in all, I feel fortunate that things aren't worse than they are.
Thanks,
Sue

Re:Enhancing scar 17 years, 5 months ago #491

• Becky
  • Junior Boarder

Hi Sue,

You just haven't found the right dr to dx this. Mine, seems to change his mind all the time. then when I have an appt, he brings it up. Now he has dx me with spinal stenosis along with everything else. I would say you have it, and yes nerve root clumping is A I thought too.
On one of my MRI's they said I had nerve clumping consistant with Arachnoiditis. To me that says that I do have it. I had a neuro tell me that no one will touch me with this disease, so I might as well get over trying new dr's. He is kinda fwd with his comments, that is why I like him. LOL
On my last appt he said that the pain pump would not be in my favor anymore since the trial, b/c I have no spinal fluid flowing into my lumbar area. He didn't say what was blocking it, but I will ask on my next appt.
Becky

Re:Enhancing scar 17 years, 5 months ago #492

• Subur
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Becky,
It's really interesting that you should mention something about a lumbar \"blockage\". When I saw my Dr. last week he said he wanted to do a MRI to check for any blockage. He has never used this term with me before. In the past he wanted me to have a MRI to check for re-herniation and/or nerve compression (which I had, hence the fusion). He also said one of the screws in my fusion hardware is loose. Once I get this next MRI I hope to know more. Until then my fingers are crossed.
Sue

Re:Enhancing scar 17 years, 5 months ago #493

• Becky
  • Junior Boarder

Hi Sue,

Someone from my other site told me that when you have blockage of the lumbar area it is considered as Adhesive Arachnoiditis. I don't know if this is true or not. Maybe Dr. Sarah can answer this for us. I sure hope that doesn't mean that. I am scared to death of this disease anyway. Have you tried the COFWA group at yahoo groups. This is a great support group with lots of information on it. You have to apply to join. Try it out ok.
Becky
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds