Welcome, Guest

Epidural Steroid Injections
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Epidural Steroid Injections

Epidural Steroid Injections 17 years ago #561

• suespoems
  • Junior Boarder
I had an epidural steroid injection 6 years ago after I had a diagnosis of a left sided L5/S1 disc prolapse L4/5 central disc prolapse spinal stenosis and DDD.
I had the epidural given to me without it being guided through an x-ray I also felt excruciating pain in my legs when the proceedure was being done but passed out so I don't remember what else happened I also noticed that it bled very badly after the proceedure and I had a severe headache for 3 days afterwards was all this normal?
Could the bleeding still be going on inside the spine because I am suffering from low iron stores.
Best Wishes
Sue

Re:Epidural Steroid Injections 17 years ago #564

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Sue
Ermm have I already answered this. Just for my own sanity:blink: I am not that good at doing this yet but hope to get better soon. I did go to look for iron deficiency and have a link
www.theaword.org/index.php?option=com_co...49&Itemid=41
can be associated with NSAID's - non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
I know I could only manage 1 of ibuprofen before feeling ill. If I increased it because of increased pain I would be in agony from that despite doing take only after food.
I don't take any NSAID's now and found the gastric problems cleared up. Until of course I acquired this wheat intolerance.
I don't know if you are on these but the Patient Information Leaflet might tell you or you could look on the net. Take care tho'
The bad headache was probably a spinal fluid leak and you may have needed a 'blood patch' Ho Ho. Did you sit up or lie down after the proceedure?
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Epidural Steroid Injections 17 years ago #566

• suespoems
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Kim
No I am not on non steroid anti-inflammatory drugs they won't let me have them because of my low iron.
I sat up to have the proceedure but passed out during it due to the pain I woke up in recovery lieing down attached to a machine I then was moved onto the ward I went home after 4 hours.
Love Sue x
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds