The Aword

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest

Vasculitis
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Vasculitis

Vasculitis 9 years, 12 months ago #679

  • Aly
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: 2
Dear Dr. Sarah,

Is there a connection between cerebral and spinal vasculitis and arachnoiditis. Thanking you in advance for any insight you may have, much friendship, Aly

Re:Vasculitis 9 years, 11 months ago #684

  • DocSarah
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 109
  • Karma: 2
sorry not to reply sooner. There is a link in as much as both have autoimmune aspects: the body is fighting against itself.

DocSarah
[b]DocSarah

Re:Vasculitis 9 years, 11 months ago #685

  • Aly
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: 2
Thank you Dr. Sarah,
I have started treatment with IV steroids, not well enough for the chemo. This was picked up via an MRI and LP, a few more invasive tests were considered to rule out other things such as chronic meningitis but all considered this would not have changed the treatment.Much friendship, Aly

Re:Vasculitis 9 years, 8 months ago #697

  • DocSarah
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 109
  • Karma: 2
sorry it's been so long; had PC troubles and trying to cope with new job etc. etc.

There's no published info on this but my own personal opinion is that there is a link: both conditions have autoimmune aspects.

Hope this helps

DocSarah
[b]DocSarah

Re:Vasculitis 9 years, 8 months ago #698

  • Aly
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: 2
Dear Dr. Sarah, Thank you for your reply. Originally my neuro thought there was the link as well. The LP showed elevated leucocytes (not enough for an infection) and protein. Got a high sed rate and so forth.

The problem is that I'm reacting badly to the steroids, adjusting the IV dose has been challenging going down in dose and now having to stay in after treatment, ended up in ER twice with atrial fib twice 6 hours post administration. Had to be defib. once.

I think you may have my email address from the survey, wanted to discuss another possible reason but am hesitant to do so publically. I'm the chemical meningitis lady, maybe Kim could give it to you if you don't have it, it's a yahoo account I'm at wits end.

I'm very close to deciding on the meningeal biopsy as risky as it may seem as this treatment is risky, much friendhip, Aly

Re:Vasculitis 9 years, 8 months ago #700

  • DocSarah
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 109
  • Karma: 2
Aly,
sorry about the delay in replying I can't access this forum often as my PC is still on the blink. Ask Kim to give me your email...I wouldn't advise the biopsy unless absolutely unavoidable.

DocSarah
[b]DocSarah
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds