Tarvol Cysts
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tarvol Cysts

Tarvol Cysts 18 years, 9 months ago #92

• DARLA
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello to All,
Could you please tell me if AA aids in the development of Tarlov cysts? I have a small one left of S2 and a 8.8mm one on the right of S2. I need to know what I should do? I have terrible red hot poker pain in my lower back & to my foot for 5-6 months now. Have had a new MRI 5/2005 but neuro dr. didnot mention. He says try to live with it.
I see a PM man on the 27th of this month & hope he will help.
After 22 yrs. how long must I not live in some sort of comfort. Diagnosed 86 with AA and every MRI since except this one which says \"no AA\". Amazingly, I will be in medical journals.

Thanks for your help,
Darla

Re:Tarvol Cysts 18 years, 9 months ago #93

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Darla
Watch this space. Having a real bad time at the moment but hope to get DocSarah answer that for you within a week.
How's that?
Getting a new front page on the website tomorrow so keep having a look.
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Tarvol Cysts 18 years, 9 months ago #95

• DARLA
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Kim,
Hope you are doing alright, as I also am not good and have not been online for awhile. Went to my first (in 22 yrs) PM (who is also a neuro). He was wonderful, he wasn't familiar with Tarlov Cysts (as most drs. are not here at least) but is going to research it for me. Also , he told me I will never be out of pain but he will help me to manage it so that I have some good, ppositive quality of life. He was very encouraging.
He gave me Fentanly 25mcgs to start (as I wanted the lowest dose) and the vicodin for breakthrough.
Unfortunately I should have listened to him and sarted with the 50 as I am still having to take the vicodin all day & nite still.
I have noticed the pain is different now though. He also perscribed 60 mgs. predisone 3 days and etc down to 1/2. Should take the month.
Thanks again & sorry for the long post but you people have been a God send to me. I don't feel alone anymore.

Thanks for your kindness,
Darla

Re:Tarvol Cysts 18 years, 9 months ago #100

• DARLA
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, Kim & Doc Sarah,
Today the PM bumped the patch to 50mcgs..Pain is different & about a 6 when relaxing but as soon as I get up, well it's a combination of everything I quess. He's hoping to get my pain level around 3. God Bless this man.

Thanks,
Darla

Re:Tarvol Cysts 18 years, 2 months ago #277

• Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Darla,
After being absent for a little while, I decided to read the new posts. I noticed yours.
I am in contact with a group located in France. They are sufferers of Tarlov Cysts. There is a doctor in France who specializes in this disorder. Professeur Maitrot is his name. You can contact the following email address for more info: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . Claudine suffers from this disorder. She is also very kind but suffers a lot from tarlov cysts. She is also active with Tarlov website at:www.tarlovcyst.net. Hope it helps a little bit.
Louise
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds